Join the September Challenge!

Options
davemunger
davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
Welcome to the MFP runners' Team Challenge! Each month we set running goals and then track our miles and encourage each other to keep it up. Check in here for

September!

To join us, all you need to do is visit the spreadsheet below and record your information on the first tab. The second tab tallies the results.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkmK3myW0PepdDhDNkpFMWZQZDMxY19wWUNESG0yVVE

To get started, you need to enter your name and your GOAL for September. Let us know in the comments if you have any difficulties doing this. Then, enter your mileage each day. Everything should be automatically tallied on the second page of the spreadsheet -- please DON'T edit the second page!. Let us know if it's not working and we'll fix it!

Important: Enter your name/goal at the bottom of the list; we'll sort it periodically. It doesn't work to add a name to the middle!

*** Spreadsheet:

As usual -- to refresh the spreadsheet -> click the refresh :happy: button on your browser, or try CTRL+R then CTRL + F5 a couple of times if you are using the Windows OS, or replace the CTRL key with Command key if you are on a MAC, or, Command+R and then Command+Shift+R on a MAC. We will try to update this a few times each week, or you can always visit the Google Doc spreadsheet to see the latest!

( --- refresh browser for latest copy --- )

September:
Sept14_MFP.png

August:
Aug_MFP.png

Replies

• _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 186.4 miles (300km) again. I should not go over it by a lot since September isn't a 5 long runs month and I'll be tapering and recovering from a race, but I think it's a reasonable goal. :)
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Training plan says 170 miles, but I am staying conservative with a goal of 150 miles
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say 125 just to be safe with taper and post-marathon recovery.
  • Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    First time doing one of these challenges, starting with a manageable? 80 miles! :happy:
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Bumping up to 85 miles this month. Training plan will be about 95 miles but I'm putting some cushion in. My goal is to ramp up to 100 by November and stay at least there through April.
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Even though I failed this month, I'm shooting for 150 again! I'll need to average that much for the rest of the year to break my yearly total PR, which is the only PR I still have a chance at this year. Had to work all day today, so no chance at a run, but I'm thinking about a tempo run (sans stroller) tomorrow.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Going for 200 again.
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Vacation got in the way of running (though hiking, swimming and snorkeling in Hawaii made up for it) - so I only got about 130 out of my 145 goal for August.

I'm a slave to the Hanson beginner plan from now until November 23rd (Philly Marathon)... I just added up the miles for September: 186!

Yikes... that is a 25 mile new all time monthly high... now is the time to do it, I guess!
  • EEfromJersey
    EEfromJersey Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'll go for 125 and maybe I can make that!
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    There are 232 miles in my plan. But I'm taking a last minute vacation next week, so I'm going to set the goal at 200 again.
  • smarionette
    smarionette Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My tally shows 82 miles for the month, so I'll try to hit that. Hopefully I manage more!
  • johnmurphymfp
    johnmurphymfp Posts: 2,590 Member
    Options
    I'm going for (and WILL get) 25 miles of running. I was going for 20 last month but only got 9.35. Ended up going up to Kentucky due to my dad having a stroke. I HAVE to get focused. Stay right, eat right... this is my birthday month and I plan on making this month a springboard month to change my fitness level around!
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    I am going with 72 miles that is what my Half Marathon training plan has me doing for this month.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I signed up for 170. Got a good rap on my head yesterday (after my 7 miler) and have a concussion. Off to the Dr. to see when I can resume running. My mileage may fall a tad short. Fingers crossed!
  • rdianemu
    rdianemu Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I am in for 197 this month. I was going to set it at 200 but every time I do I don't make it. I am ramping up for a Dec marathon and will do my first 20 mile run in a long time this month.
  • mwaha26ter2
    mwaha26ter2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hey,its my first time to enter this challenge and am off to uni soon so ill be cutting back on my mileage so i played it *the safe 50 miles* but if i finished this challenge i will go past through the 50 miles!! cant wait to beat my miles hopefully this is going to be a smooth month...good luck to everyone on their mileages !!xxoxo
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I am in for 197 this month. I was going to set it at 200 but every time I do I don't make it. I am ramping up for a Dec marathon and will do my first 20 mile run in a long time this month.
    Ha! That is awesome!

September sheet is now up. Just realized that we have been doing this challenge the do-it-yourself way for 1 year now; I had to come up with a new name for this month's sheet so it didn't overwrite last year's sheet!

Sept14_MFP.png
  • larrewl
    larrewl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My goal for Sept is 60 miles. Not doing miles next few days as doing Boot Camp 9/3 and Tennis 9/4. :happy:

exercise.png
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    I signed up for 170. Got a good rap on my head yesterday (after my 7 miler) and have a concussion. Off to the Dr. to see when I can resume running. My mileage may fall a tad short. Fingers crossed!

That's no good - hope you are feeling OK and able to run again soon. Don't push too hard - concussions can be nasty!
    Feel better soon
  • saskie78
    saskie78 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Put myself in for 150. That seems like too much for a month that involves taper, but it is 50 miles down from last month and it's pretty much what my plan calls for. So 150 it is!