Hello People

Options
Hello Everyone,

I am very glad to join group of extremely motivated people and looking forward for new things.

I have to lose at least 10 kg by the end of this year .

I am patient of osteomalacia that is weak bones , I would be grateful if you guys suggest me some basic exercise .
Regards

Replies

• 00sky00
    Options
    Hello geekmeg let e intoduce my self

My name is sky 23 years old

I hope we can make some progress together

Atm i doing walk only for 2hrs

Thx
  • alexrichaa
    Options
    Hi to you both. GeekMeg, I would definitely recommend swimming. Maybe even an aqua class or aquazumba or something. Will take a great deal of the impact off.

Also if you're a member of a gym maybe ask a trainer if they can give you some advice. They do this for free especially if you have a medical condition.

Glad you've joined.

A x
  • sambosefus
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I am excited to join this group. I am currently living in North Carolina. I began this round of my weight loss journey back in July. I am doing workout routines from JessicaSmitthTV.com and was logging in MFP daily with great results. I began slacking off with my food log the past few weeks, so I'm hoping this challenge will motivate me to get back on track.

My goals:
    -To loose 17 lbs (or at least get close to that)
    -Log my food/exercise daily (I generally do not consume the calories added from what was burned during exercises)
    -Workout 6 days a week, Sunday's are my rest days
    -Drink between 64-80 oz of water per day
    -Allow myself 1 Dr Pepper 10 per day
    -Add more fruits and veggies to my diet
  • GeekMeg
    Options
    Hi,

I am Meg ,24 years and I am around 15 Kg overweight .
    I would like to lose as much as I can in view of my medical condition.

Stay Connected and Motivated.

xoxo
  • GeekMeg
    Options
    Hi to you both. GeekMeg, I would definitely recommend swimming. Maybe even an aqua class or aquazumba or something. Will take a great deal of the impact off.

Also if you're a member of a gym maybe ask a trainer if they can give you some advice. They do this for free especially if you have a medical condition.

Glad you've joined.

A x

thanks admin for your great advice.

I would check for swimming it seems fun idea.

I am not GYM member as now but I am planning to do yoga and light exercise by my own.

Looking forward to discuss more!
  • rue19
    rue19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Is it lame if I join this group if I started my 100 days on September 1?
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I am patient of osteomalacia that is weak bones , I would be grateful if you guys suggest me some basic exercise .
    Regards

Depending on where you live, your local/regional medical center may have a rehabilitation program linked with a fitness center that does supervised or at least mapped-out exercises for people with various medical conditions. This is something you can look into, or at least ask your doctor on your next visit. You can also always call the hospital's fitness center directly, or their physical therapy, or case management services and ask for info. Source: I work with patients of all types in a large medical center.

Typically, swimming comes highly recommended, as someone already mentioned. It reduces the pressure on your bones incredibly, and allows for fluid movement with just enough resistance to also help train the muscles you already have. I really think that if you know how to swim, an investment in a pool or gym membership with a pool would be wise, especially when you train up enough where you can swim laps, if you aren't there yet. Burns a ton of calories, keeps you nice and energized, and it doesn't have as much strain as something like walking or jogging, even.

Other than that, I would recommend yoga and calm, gentle movements like that. Can you dance? Even if you blast the music in the privacy of your own home and just act like a fool, as long as that's a safe exercise for you, you can burn quite a bit!

Have you tried a stationary bike? It may be a bit harder on the joints than other things, but I don't know the specifics of your case.
  • GeekMeg
    Options
    Dear crepes

Thanks for your advice.
    My doctor told me to improve my health first but I think I should not take too much rest as I am very young .

I can not dance ( I am always afraid people will make fun of me if I dance), well I think I can try that as well because one day we have to do the thing we never did.

About swimming , I do know how to swim but I want to learn it , I hope I will find a decent swimming club .
    I can not ride stationary bike as now because I am having some fractures in my back.

Looking forward to discuss more!
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Check your local YMCAs to see if they have adult swim classes, because most do! It's a great activity, not only for health, but for fun!

If your doctor wants you to improve your health first, you can always start with very slow and steady movements while swimming, and as your health improves, so will your training at a nice and slow pace.

I wish you luck! You're gonna be great!
  • GeekMeg
    Options
    Thanks dear for your motivation.
  • milliebullock
    milliebullock Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a 64 year old woman who is really looking forward to spending Christmas with my kids this year. They each live about 1000 miles away and although we do see one another somewhat frequently we haven't all been together for Christmas for a lot of years. I want to surprise them with a much thinner me. My 100 day challenge is actually four separate challenges:

first 10 days challenge - to go 10 days with a clean diet (no bread products or other grains)
    next 20 days challenge- add daily hour of exercise
    next 30 days challenge - continue with clean diet and exercise and add new paleo recipe or food each day
    next 40 days challenge - continue with all the above and also make it through Thanksgiving and Christmas with willpower intact

I have had good luck with a low carb/no grain products diet in the past, not only for weight loss but also for real improvements in rheumatoid arthritis pain.

I started this on September 3, so I am 5 days in (or halfway through Challenge 1) and going strong.
  • Tammy_1971
    Tammy_1971 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm doing pretty good. With this group and then the September 24 hour challenge (doing 24 hours of exercise during the month of September), I am hoping I will really be able to hit my goal of 20 lbs. Because of all the exercise the last few days, I am hoping to see a decent drop on the scale on Wednesday!!