Need vegan friends (:

Options
Hello all! I'm newly-vegan (again), and I don't have anyone in my life that I can relate to with on this topic and lifestyle. I'm on my own out here, but if I could make some friends elsewhere (i.e. here!), then that'd be lovely! A nice change to my solo-vegan life.

Add me, don't be shy!

Replies

• Scrattycat
    Scrattycat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My friends are not vegan either. It's nice to have someone to talk to :)
  • mollyann34
    mollyann34 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'll add you :) I totally know how that feels. My fiancé, toddler, and I are the only IRL people I know who are vegan... it gets frustrating sometimes.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    aedreana here. I am a strict vegan because I oppose the murder of nonhuman creatures for any reason. I despise and detest so-called animal rights organizations such as PETA, SPCA, and Humane Society that euthanize animals. Plz feel free to add me.
  • shelbsjewell
    shelbsjewell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the adds guys! Anyone want to talk about their veganism? Reasons behind your decision, what you eat daily, etc?
  • aedreana
    Options
    I consume primarily: Original Pringles and Frito-Lay bean dip, microwaved Ore-Ida french fries, diet Pepsi/Coke/Dr.Pepper, Subway veggie footlongs on white bread with tomatoes, red onion, bell pepper, cucumber, lettuce, pepper & salt, Minute Rice Ready-To-Serve white rice with microwaved frozen peas or canned lima beans or Hormel vegetarian chili.
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    aedreana here. I am a strict vegan because I oppose the murder of nonhuman creatures for any reason. I despise and detest so-called animal rights organizations such as PETA, SPCA, and Humane Society that euthanize animals. Plz feel free to add me.

I couldn't believe what you said about the SPCA - it was very shocking to me. So, I looked it up:

Does the ASPCA Adoption Center euthanize animals?

The ASPCA Adoption Center is a limited admission shelter which takes in only as many animals as we can comfortably, humanely care for. As a result, the Adoption Center does not euthanize animals for lack of space, and the ASPCA does not support euthanasia as the predominant means of managing the pet overpopulation problem. We consider euthanasia as a last resort used only in extreme cases. We make every effort to place each of our shelter animals in a safe, responsible home. In a small percentage of cases, this may not be possible due to severe medical conditions that cause the animal to suffer, or due to extreme aggression that poses a danger to the community and the animal's quality of life. In these rare instances, humane euthanasia is carefully weighed and considered, and when it is absolutely necessary that an animal be euthanized, the euthanasia is done painlessly and humanely so as to prevent the animal from suffering.

While I don't necessarily agree with animal euthanasia, I can understand the very few reasons they gave for doing so. Is there something else you know that isn't listed? I regularly donate to them and would like to know whether or not I should still support them.
  • Jennikitten
    Jennikitten Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this and would be happy to get some vegan friends.

Also my diary is open
  • blastbeat78
    blastbeat78 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for 19 years. Purely for ethical reasons but the health benefits are of course a bonus. Happy to accept friend requests from anyone who's vegan or considering going vegan!
  • blastbeat78
    blastbeat78 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the adds guys! Anyone want to talk about their veganism? Reasons behind your decision, what you eat daily, etc?

Vegan for ethical reasons.
    I eat 1,500 calories a day and am currently trying to reduce my carb intake so my diet consists of lots of natural sources of fat (avocado, peanut butter and seeds).
    I like to keep my protein intake quite high as my main goal is to build muscle so I eat seitan, tempeh, tofu and Sunwarrior Protein powder.
    The only fruit I eat is blueberries and Goji berries and the occasional apple but I consume lots of vegetables to ensure I get all the nutrients I need.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Congrats on going vegan!!! :flowerforyou:

I've been vegan for a few years, for ethical reasons, but I also feel healthier than ever! The food I eat is so delicious, I never feel deprived! Feel free to add me, my diary is open and I'm trying to log more consistently lately.
  • kitsune1989
    kitsune1989 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My one year being vegan is next month! I made the change for ethical reasons. I just couldnt wrap my mind around killing animals when I dont need to. Right now im working on creating a healthy lifestyle for myself on a budget. Lol. So I work around whats for sale with occasional splurge items.
  • Fig_1946
    Fig_1946 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for 14 years...almost 15 years and am transitioning to vegan....almost totally there! My reasons are ethical and environmental.

I eat all vegetables...never met one I didn't like!...fruits, quinoa, brown rice, tofu, tempeh , almond milk, almond butter, whole wheat bread.
  • aedreana
    Options

I couldn't believe what you said about the SPCA - it was very shocking to me. So, I looked it up:

Does the ASPCA Adoption Center euthanize animals?

The ASPCA Adoption Center is a limited admission shelter which takes in only as many animals as we can comfortably, humanely care for. As a result, the Adoption Center does not euthanize animals for lack of space, and the ASPCA does not support euthanasia as the predominant means of managing the pet overpopulation problem. We consider euthanasia as a last resort used only in extreme cases. We make every effort to place each of our shelter animals in a safe, responsible home. In a small percentage of cases, this may not be possible due to severe medical conditions that cause the animal to suffer, or due to extreme aggression that poses a danger to the community and the animal's quality of life. In these rare instances, humane euthanasia is carefully weighed and considered, and when it is absolutely necessary that an animal be euthanized, the euthanasia is done painlessly and humanely so as to prevent the animal from suffering.

While I don't necessarily agree with animal euthanasia, I can understand the very few reasons they gave for doing so. Is there something else you know that isn't listed? I regularly donate to them and would like to know whether or not I should still support them.

I oppose euthanasia for ANY reason. Therefore, I hate everyone that euthanizes.
  • Hipp706
    Hipp706 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I've been veggie for 19years, tried veganism once as a teen but not in a particularly healthy way. I'm making the switch to veganism now to help the two kids I'm breastfeeding - they're both not very tolerant to dairy/eggs. The eldest of the two is almost 2 and she's not strict, she eats dairy/eggs etc when at nursery one day a week and if we are out and there is nothing vegan available. My youngest is 5mths so not on any solids yet so is reliant soley on me - if i eat eggs/dairy he vomits a lot and cries with tummy ache - hence the fact I'm really doing my best to cut it out. I'm fine at home - but eating out is hard!! How does everyone cope when dining out??
    I certainly feel healthier since eating vegan, but I'm not loosing weight any quicker, but that's not a bad thing because of me breastfeeding I don't want to lose weight more quickly, so I eat up my calories every day. Everyon eplease feel free to add me x
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'v been a vegetarian for about a year now. Not only do I feel better physically, but I feel better knowing I'm not contributing to the harm of animals :)

I regularly eat hummus with whole grain pita chips, lots of vegetables, berries, nuts and nut butters, a nice big salad most days, and at least two low sugar protein shakes a day. I like tofu but haven't perfected how to prepare it yet.

Love this feed!!
  • I'm vegan and also need friends. I went vegetarian 4.5 years ago and have been attempting to go full vegan for the past year. Vegan for ethical not health reasons...I eat a lot of junk but being vegan makes me feel better in all areas, I've been successful lately. I need to lose quite a bit of weight as my husband (also vegan) and I want to have a vegan baby in 18 months. I would love vegan friends. Please add me!
  • Eatn2LiveNotLivn2Eat
    Options
    I am also new to veganism. I have fell off the wagon a few times due to family pressure but felt awful knowing what I know of how the animals are treated!! So I can no longer live knowing I had to kill an animal to live if I have other options. People say yeah but " milk and eggs" are not killing animals, if only they knew the truth. Do I share the truth and push? No, but I also tell people if they really want to know I will share what I know, they usually don't ask and I think because they know. I can't live like that pretending I don't know. So please add me as a friend and anyone else who is vegan.
  • TrimRocker
    TrimRocker Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, all!

Thought I'd piggy-back here. :-) I could use some friends also. I'm working on becoming more vegan (already pretty vegan), making Pilates a part of my life (have back problems), getting 10,000 steps every day, and working on Beck Diet Solution. If you're interested in any of those things, or would just like to be MFP friends regardless, please feel free to add me.

Happy Friday!
  • kristincreate
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Kristin. I'm always open to new vegan friends! Feel free to add me too! :flowerforyou: