CrossFit Shoe or Weight Lifting Shoe?

Options
bregrig
bregrig Posts: 154 Member
I can only afford one pair right now.. which one is more beneficial? The Reebok Nanos or Lifters? Thanks!

Replies

• sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you're currently training in. If you have a good pair of stable shoes with minimal cushioning (so trainers, not running shoes), then you don't necessarily need Nanos. However, if you've been Crossfitting in running shoes, then your priority absolutely must be proper trainers. Oly shoes are a great addition to your gear, but you don't need them for all strength movements and you can't wear them for all WODs (particularly if there's running involved). I wear both many days - changing into oly shoes for the strength component and then back into my Reeboks for the WOD.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    ^agreed. I generally WOD in my New Balance Minimus flats and only wear the lifting shoes when I lift. They are too expensive to use doing anything else. I want them to last as long as possible.
  • bregrig
    Options
    I actually have been doing all WODs in my running shoes shamefully so I will go get fitted today for the nanos. I have noticed I am the only one at my box that does not wear a crossfit shoe haha
  • bonz1481
    bonz1481 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Try some of the innov8's too -- I was hard-core into my Nanos until i tried these puppies on....LOVE THEM SO MUCH.I have a bone spur in my left heel so I went with the F-Lite 249 at the reco of my Physical Therapist -- they have a little more heel /foot differential (hello happy bouncy foot)-- but not enough to negatively impact my lifting. I love them so much that I'm trying to figure out how to wedge my active ankles into them for volleyball season!
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    I bought INov-8 lifting shoes and love them. The Reebok lifters were just too narrow (I have wide feet) and were not available in EE size.

Of course the only color I could find was BRIGHT yellow, but now they are something of a trademark :)
  • bregrig
    Options
    excellent! thank you for the recommendations!
  • bostonwolf
    Options
  • kaaaaylee
    Options
    Nanos for sure. Check out an outlet store, I got my nanos for 70 in February and last month they had a big sale so I got reebok lifters for 35 bucks. In the outlet store, in clearance, and 50 percent off. :)
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Get a crossfit shoe and for lifts add in these http://wodlifts.com/
  • gweneddk
    gweneddk Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Yeah, super padded running shoes probably not the best to lift in. I don't get the whole Reebok thing; my general shoes are Merrell barefoot shoes (got a deal on Amazon for like $40) and my lifters are Inov-8s.
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    It's just fashion.

I have Reebok lifters because they were the only lifting shoe I could find in tiny sizes. Now I've seen Inov8 lifters I secretly wish I'd bought them in stead.

I don't do the Nano trend. Or the fashion for wearing shorts so tiny they almost disappear during squats :-) Although I hear Nano's are good for rope climbs because they have that rubber bit on the inside of the foot.