VITAMINS/SUPPLEMENTS

Options
benagek
benagek Posts: 46 Member
Which vitamins/supplements would you recommend. I want to have everything stocked up and ready to go. Having surgery at the end of month. Do I need to do liquid vitamins at first?

Replies

• Jaye1120
    Options
    I've been doing Flintstone multivitamin chewables and B12 chewable. I was instructed to stay away from gummies.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I never did the chewables or the liquids. Once I got cleared to swallow whole pills again, probably at my one month check up, I just went back to my multi, calcium citrate, B12, and the rest of my suppliments, which are prilosec for my acid reflux, potassium to control muscle cramping (it's a heridtary thing) and glucosamine for my arthritis (although I am 95% pain free now!). Off the blood pressure meds after about 75 pounds off. I would double check with your doctor about what he/she wants you on after surgery before you stock up.

Pat
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    This is something you need to talk over w/ Your Dr, as we're all on different things and 1 Dr may approve something for 1 while another Dr wouldn't approve.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I did Centrum chewables for the first several months, and Citrical calcium chews, chewable D3, chewable B12. Most of the rest of my vitamins (biotin, iron) were small enough to pop the pills.
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do chewables as they made me very sick. I bought a pill crusher and crush up centrium multivitamins into my morning greek yogurt!!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    No point in stocking up because what is tolerable now is likely to violently change! Seriously! Sure , I took the the chewables happily enough prior to surgery but after....we are not joking when we say force yourself to take your vitamins! I gagged my way thru til I was cleared for gummies. You have to double gummies because they are weaker but I can happily get them down. I take 4 vita fusion adult multivitamin gummies, 2 viactive calcium with D and 2 Simply Right cherry chewable biotin 5000mcg . All are from SAMs club. I gave my canister of chewables to another surgery pt who was pre op.
  • wilrhy
    wilrhy Posts: 199 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I am doing gum,mies---is there a reason we should not use them? I take 2 a day --the pre-natal ones. I was told they help with hair loss.along with my regular meds a gummy b12 and now biotin. I have quite a few hard pills to take for other issues so the gummies work for me. Oh I also take 2 calicum --carmels a day. Also my dr wants 2 of the chewables a day too, So I would not be saving anything.