Sept 3rd 2014 - Let the dew of My Presence

Mine_Time
Mine_Time Posts: 588 Member
"Let the dew of My Presence refresh your mind and heart. So many, many things vie for your attention in this complex world of instant communication. The world has changed enormously since I first gave the command to be still and know that I am God. However, this timeless truth is essential for the well-being of your soul. As dew refreshes grass and flowers during the stillness of the night, so My Presence revitalizes you as you sit quietly with Me.

A refreshed, revitalized mind is able to sort out what is important and what is not. In its natural condition, your mind easily gets stuck on trivial matters. Like the spinning wheels of a car trapped in mud, the cogs of your brain spin impotently when you focus on a trivial thing. As soon as you start communicating with Me about the matter, your thoughts gain traction and you can move on to more important things. Communicate with Me continually, and I will put My thoughts into your mind.

Ps 46;10; Luke 10:39-42; 1 Cor 14:33"

How can I relate this to my weight loss journey?

I need to make sure I spend time refreshing my mind in His presence. This journey can be very hard esspecially when I am not in lossing weight. It is a struggle. My mind does go in circles.

"Good Morning Father, I lift my weight up to you. I haven't seen it go down. Please help me. You are great and awesome. I can't do this on my own. Please give me the strength to do what I need to do today and to make right choices. I love you Father, In Jesus Name, Amen."

Replies

• keya729
    keya729 Posts: 166 Member
    This was a very inspiring post. I will use this towards my weight loss by understanding that everyday is a new day and a new beginning. I need to understand that yes I will have mistakes or bad days but I will also have plenty of great days as well.

Thanks for posting.
  • Mine_Time
    :) you're welcome. I wasn't sure if anyone was reading them any more. lol
  • keya729
    keya729 Posts: 166 Member
    Oh no I read it everyday and forward it to my Mommy lol
  • I read everyone of these too, I come to MFP just to read these. I appreciate you posting these and the comments. I decided against focusing on calorie counting at this time, so I dont use MFP. I am going to use bodybuilder.com to focus more on exercise and clean eating with portion control and track my weight loss and Journal my thoughts. My user name is blessedbiker14 if you like to follow my progress.

Again I am reading these, sorry I don't reply, I mean to later in day and never get to it. :( But these have been a blessing to me. Thank you
  • jole721
    jole721 Posts: 24 Member
    Your posts are a blessing and help keep us focused on the Father while we are on this weight loss journey. I don't always comment but always appreciate the time and effort you take to post each day. I do enjoy the devotionals and prayers at the end...thank you!
  • Mine_Time
    Awe you guys just gave me tears of joy. Thank you for encouragement. I enjoy doing these. I relate them to myself and hope it relates to you too. Thanks again. Be blessed.