What do you do?

Options
Hello, everyone!

I've been following some of the threads for a day or so now. Kind of being a lurker and all. Anyway, I've noticed a lot of people saying their mini-goal for the day is to stick to their work out plan and it got me curious. What's your exercise of choice?

For me, it's running. I am almost finished with the c25k program (finally!) and I think it's safe to say I've been bitten by the running bug. I plan to start Bridge to 10K next week, if all goes according to plan. Who would have thought I would've become a runner?

Tell me what you do in the comments below!

Replies

• catarinadev
    catarinadev Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been wondering the same thing- everyone's exercise of choice!

I like running, but my gait is wrong (trying to correct this) so I keep getting shinsplints. I also use the rowing machine (great all-body workout) at the gym and do yoga relatively regularly- 1-2 times a week, which I love.

But my absolute highlight is kung fu. It's the perfect combination of strength, cardio, flexibility, conditioning, coordination and grace. It pushes me to my limits and beyond. It's challenged my idea of what I am capable of, and then smashed through it. The fitness aspect get more crazy by the year, but there's such a variety of exercises that it never get boring. I leave every single class exhausted and happy, and getting better at kung fu is one of my primary motivators for fitness, health and weight-loss. Plus we get to learn awesome things like tiger, sword and staff. :wink:
  • dlibonati
    dlibonati Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My top 3 would be ice hockey, running, and hot yoga.

I've been sidelined this summer with a bad knee injury so I'm trying to find alternatives to my favourite things!
  • mr0530
    mr0530 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My exercise of choice is the elliptical ... Unless dancing around the house like a crazy woman counts ;)
    Going to be gradually adding in some yoga to my days..
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My cardio: I like turbo jam vids that I've had for ages and love. I have vids from 20-50 minutes so I can choose which one I feel like or have time for. They helped me lose weight the first time around about 5-6 years ago. Also, my exercise bike, my knee hates it at first but It does help strengthen it after a couple of weeks, I just have to take it slow. And dancing with my girls sometimes fills in. Or running up and down the hill in our backyard with them (they just keep going like energizer bunnies).

Weights routine: I only have adjustable dumbbells for now, but they can go up to 40lbs each so I'm good for a while.
    Squats: bw for now, 3x 6-8 reps, I have serious balance issues although I managed some partial squats with a 15lb dumbbell last night
    Shoulder press: 15lb dumbbells (3x 10 reps, definitely ready to increase weight here)
    One armed bent over row: 20lbs dumbbell (3x 6-8 reps last night, just moved up from 15lbs )
    Stiff legged deadlft: 30lbs, 2x 8 reps. (my butt and back are sore from these so I think i will do at least one more session at this weight before moving up, don't want to hurt anything. Almost ready to buy a bar in a few weeks then :D)
    Incline push-ups: 2x 6-7 reps
    Chest press: 15lb dumbbells, 3x 10 reps, definitely moving up next session)
    Bicycle kicks and ab crunches: alternate about 10 each while resting between chest press sets.
  • wriggles95
    wriggles95 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love to run, but running makes my knees and shins flare up :frown:

I like using the elliptical too and going for bike rides and walking :)

Weight training is my absoluate favourite though, after gymnastics of course :love:
  • musicfan4life30
    musicfan4life30 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    i love to ride my bike, walking, walking on my treadmill, riding my stationary bike, riding horses, and swimming! :)
  • weavernv
    weavernv Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I've just started the C25K training, I just finished my 2nd week. My husband ran with me today. He was worried that he would be able to keep up with me since he hasn't been training. Ha Ha. He did great. He laughed when I moaned and groaned at the end. I'm slow and have short legs, He's 6 foot tall with a longer stride. I also like strength training and bicycling.
  • stewart613
    stewart613 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    running, walking and yoga seem to be my faves. i need to find some kind of core strengthening exercise that i enjoy...

the c25k program is amazing! my husband runs now, too, after seeing how much i enjoyed it.
  • anna_jewel
    anna_jewel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My choice lately has been workout videos. Just started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred again, I like it cause its got cardio, abs and weight lifting all together in a short 30 minutes. Short enough to workout during lunch break and long enough to feel the results.
  • bfitgirl
    bfitgirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    hi

weight raining x 3 times a week
    elliptical twice a week (only just added this)
    walking whenever i can.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'm following NROLFW and weight train 3x week with that.
    At least 1 day of Zumba a week
    1-2 HIIT sessions (15-30 minutes) running/waking on the treadmill
    1 elliptical session HIIT and steady state

I'm curious abut everyone's eating plans...I'll go see if I can find a thread for that! :)