NFL Week One Challenge

Options
Welcome to the NFL Weight Loss Challenge.

The first week I'll go ahead and create the challenge. It'll be an easy one this week just to get us going.
For the rest of the weeks, other group members can recommend challenges for that week too! I welcome suggestions! I'm not the leader, only the facilitator.

WEEK ONE:
Complete your food diary every day, through Saturday, September 13.

If you do it, you get a WIN. If you fall short, you get a loss.

Let's enjoy some football while at the same time improving our health!

Brandon

Replies

• tobybears8
    tobybears8 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks for doing this Brandon.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Just joined the challenge! Goooooooo STEELERS!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Great first goal. Not too easy but definitely achievable!
  • groveysgirl
    groveysgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Found this group in the forums - cool idea thanks for starting a group! I'm in for week 1!
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I am in for week 1!
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    In for week 1
  • tobybears8
    tobybears8 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am in for Week 1.

Lousy first week for my Packers. They got OUTPLAYED by the Hawks. But it is only the first game, would rather have them lose it now than later on down the road. Looks like Hawks are going to be a good team this year too.

GO PACK GO.
  • myjding70
    Options
    Love this (thank you, Brandon!)!! I wonder how many calories I can burn bleeding purple?? Go Vikings!! :D
  • brandon_moser
    brandon_moser Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone to the NFL Challenge! We still have a day or so before the (official) opening day of the NFL season! I made Week 1's challenge relatively easy.

In the future weeks, We'll take your suggestions on weekly challenges, and maybe attach an extra workout or two if your team loses!

Again, this is about fun. If the challenge is too difficult for you, just do your best. Remember, most teams that win 10 out of 16 weeks make the playoffs, so expect some bad weeks.

Happy losing (the good type of losing)!!!
  • savinoca
    Options
    I'm in :)

Definitely worried about gaining weight this football season (I don't just sit on my butt for 6 hours, I go out to a bar with my friends!), this group seems like a great way to be more aware and help mitigate it.
  • xxash19
    xxash19 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hoping I don't gain this season. Football games always consist of beer, they go hand in hand!
  • JCaleb952
    JCaleb952 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im in representing Raven's Nation! Bad loss this week, but looking forward to Thursday against the Steelers.
  • brandon_moser
    Options
    The two tough days are out of the way for Week 1.

We have hopefully survived Sunday football and Monday Night Football.

Are you on your way to a WIN for Week One?

Remember, to win you must meet or be below your calorie goal on your food diary through Saturday!

This week is easy. Next week is a bit more challenging, but achievable! But don't worry about next week yet. I'll use the overused sports cliché, "take one game at a time!"

Brandon
    0-0-0
  • mswanger09
    Options

Are you on your way to a WIN for Week One?

Remember, to win you must meet or be below your calorie goal on your food diary through Saturday!

You had originally said the challenge would be, "WEEK ONE: Complete your food diary every day, through Saturday, September 13." I take that to mean, we log our food and drinks for the day and hit complete, whether we go over on calories or not.

I don't care either way, I am just looking for clarification.
  • abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Still on track for this week! It's been fairly easy because my college football team had a bye this week, and during most of Sunday's games I was doing homework...college is fun.
  • brandon_moser
    Options
    Mswanger09 -

Fair enough. I misspoke. As long as food entries are made this week, regardless of calories, its a win. Sorry!

Brandon
  • mswanger09
    Options
    Mswanger09 -

Fair enough. I misspoke. As long as food entries are made this week, regardless of calories, its a win. Sorry!

Brandon

Hey, that is ok. I just wanted to make sure which it was it was.
  • xxash19
    xxash19 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Where do we post our wins or results? I just finished out the week with 7/7.
  • abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Where do we post our wins or results? I just finished out the week with 7/7.

Ditto! Logged all week.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    In for the 1-0!!! I logged 7/7