My fitbit adjustment gains calories while I sleep

Options
I have been using my fitbit for about 6 months, but in the past week I used it with the idea of losing weight. I noticed that my calorie adjustment adds calories while I sleep. I understand that this is because the fitbit estimates your daily calorie burn as if you continue moving throughout the day in the same way, but I find that really annoying! I just want the fitbit to count the calories I have burned and not estimate my future burn, because I need to know how much I can eat. I've stopped using it this week because of this. Does anyone have any good ways of using the fitbit to lose weight?

Replies

• clair3jane
    clair3jane Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    By the way, I have a fitbit Zip.
  • John_Donovan
    John_Donovan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Claire, hope you are well. In the settings page for myfitpal there is a calories adjustment. You can uncheck the "negative calories" box. Have a read of this and make sure this is what you want. I use it because it gives me a better picture of my progress. The one thing that had me guessing when I started using it was I would wake up in the morning and my daily calories allowance was reduced by about three hundred. Once you start moving around and doing your daily routine that number goes from negative to positive and your calorie allowance goes up. As far as loosing the weight goes it really is a matter of having less calories coming in (food) and more going out. Stick with it and good luck.