IRRITATED!!!!!

Options
dbanks80
dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
Ok I am on month 2 of my 90 day challenge. I am doing well. I did drink a lot on Labor Day but got back on the wagon. Last Saturday I had ONE drink with some friends for dinner. The issue I am having is when I am out with friends and I am not drinking because I am trying to lose weight they either give me a crazy look or say "Girl you dont need to lose weight! Or you can have a couple drinks. Or a cheat day!" Even my sister, when i came over to her house offered me some wine. My own husband told me to take the stick out of my butt and drink!!!! Why are people trying to sabotage me??? I am already feeling the temptation of wanting to drink when people are offering it to me. I have a naturally fun-loving personality sober...when I drink it's times 10! So I get it and some people dont want to drink alone, but I just want people to leave me alone when I say I am not drinking!!!

I have a goal that I am trying to achieve!!!

Replies

• gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    People have a hard time adjusting to change.
    Try not to make a big deal out of Why you're not drinking.
    Stick to your guns. They're Your guns!
    xoxo :)
  • providentialfoodie
    Options
    I agree with gramacanada, and I also think that there are certain things that people feel judged about even if your decision has nothing to do with them, and even if you haven't said anything negative about their own personal choice, so just be gracious, hold your ground, and change the subject. They'll eventually get it and leave you alone.
  • dbanks80
    Options
    I agree with both of you. It's just some times I feel like people think that I can only be super fun when I am drinking and making everyone laugh. But I am human and I need to get this weight off too. I am still fun without drinking at least IMO. LOL!

I am sticking to my guns though.
  • jafray4
    jafray4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have been going through this too. My hubby is so supportive until we are out drinking with friends. If I know I'm in that we are going out I sometimes have 1 drink and then make it last a really long time. or switch to mio or something and then everyone forgets I'm not drinking. Plus I feel that the more I drink then I make worst decisions on food. For us someone is bound to pull out the pretzels or frozen pizza.

But I ruined my weekend drinking at a wedding, so it doesn't always work. Proud of you for standing up and sticking to your guns.
  • dbanks80
    Options
    Thanks jafray4! I am the type of person its all or none. It is veryyyyyyy hard for me to stop at one drink so I'd rather not drink. My husband and I are very social if we are not hanging out with friends, we love to go out to eat. Then there are the holidays and travelling and every weekend there is something fun to do. If I drink then it will be drinking EVERY weekend literally! So I have to be the one to put my foot down. And usually when I put my foot down my husband falls in line because he'll just get one drink and eat smart.
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I don't drink but maybe 3 or 4 times a year but I get what your saying. My thing is going out with my girlfriends usually means a meal. I'm sitting there trying to figure out what to have that would be healthy and I always get the look. Like because I am eating healthy I am somehow judging them for not. I seriously do not care what they eat, but for me, I don't want to ruin my hard work over a bad meal. Everything that goes in my mouth I think about what it's going to take to burn those calories. lol
  • DAWNSTEP
    DAWNSTEP Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me awhile back and I gave in to peer pressure and kept drinking. Then a bit later same friend wanted to diet and quit. That pi$$ed me off!
  • dbanks80
    Options
    I don't drink but maybe 3 or 4 times a year but I get what your saying. My thing is going out with my girlfriends usually means a meal. I'm sitting there trying to figure out what to have that would be healthy and I always get the look. Like because I am eating healthy I am somehow judging them for not. I seriously do not care what they eat, but for me, I don't want to ruin my hard work over a bad meal. Everything that goes in my mouth I think about what it's going to take to burn those calories. lol

That is because you are making them feel guilty by eating healthy.
  • dbanks80
    Options
    Same thing happened to me awhile back and I gave in to peer pressure and kept drinking. Then a bit later same friend wanted to diet and quit. That pi$$ed me off!

LMAO! I know you were like WTF!!!!
  • pdbt4
    pdbt4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just always be you!
    I know this feeling all to well too!
    But, I have celiac also which is NO GLUTEN. So, when I go out with the girls it involves eating & cocktails. Which makes it difficult sometimes. So, I eat a house salad no croutons & if they have no gf ciders. I have no more than 2 captain n cokes. An I hear about it as they eat whatever & drink whatever. I always tell them better their A** than my lol. Then they stop.

But, my problem is the scale I don't know my TRUE weight it varies from day to day. Which is very frustrating too me. But, I'm working with a dietician to lose this "20" by Christmas.