September 8, I'ts Monday Again...

Options
djcangel
djcangel Posts: 800 Member
GOOD MORNING all you worker bees...I hope you have a lovely week. Promises of fall are finally in the S. TX air and I am hoping to get back to my morning walks sometime this week. What do you do to stay motivated? I am on yet another plateau. I go from plateau to plateau. It is why I do not weigh regularly. Too disappointing if I did. I am proud of myself that I had the chance to blow my healthy diet out of the water yesterday, and opted not to. As for me I will try to stay busy this week making pieces of jewelry for my hubby to take to the flea market this weekend, and maybe do some reading, brush up on my yoga and meditation, might do me some good.
JAN, I remember when I was still working, there was never, ever enough weekend to get just what I needed to get done, much less if there was a party or event to attend, then I usually bemoaned the stacking up of things the next week. But I dare not forget to smell the roses, now that I am retired...no rush on all those chores anymore. I am glad that you were not tempted to dive into the cake, lol, and that you stayed on plan at the party. A minute on the lips...A lot of hard work to get it off the Hips. I am deeply moved and very humbled and proud to call you my friend Janet, the thought that you lost both of your parents at an early age is truly a testament to your strength and courage. You are such a caring person, and you reach out to others so willingly. You have a beautiful soul my friend. What did you cook up for this week? I always love hearing others ideas on menus, I am a foodie at heart and love cooking but sometimes have a time coming up with interesting ideas...now I am remembering that lobster you had over the weekend...yum! I can relate to your deep emotional feelings with 9/11. My daughter lived in New Jersey when it occurred and my heart freaked, by some miracle I was able to reach her by phone during the chaos and she was fine other than being in shock being able to see the plumes of smoke from her side. It is a reason to live everyday to the most and enjoy life, because we never know how long we have. Blessings to you my friend.

Sorry All, I did not mean for this to become a rant to Jan. I could have PM'ed her for the above, but in reality I did want to share my feelings with the rest of the group. And rave on what a great person Jan is.
I am interested in what the rest of you do for menu planning ahead. And ideas on how to stretch things into more than one meal without making them giant containers of Carbs...So any ideas??? I am doing a stir fry today. I wish rice and pasta were not so carb filled, they are such great stretchers.

Well Ladies, have a great week, and don't forget about checking in and letting me know what's up in the real world!!! :wink:

Replies

• marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all. Hope you don't mind if I just generally respond! Even though I am retired, I still have a weekend mindset, probably because my DH isn't retired. I have just recently (after 4+ years) started to feel that it was okay for me to do things like read in the middle of the day during the week. One thing I do, though, is take my time in the morning over coffee, the newspaper and MFP!
    I don't eat much pasta anymore, and when I do I measure it out. We do brown rice more often. I just count it. It's very filling, I like it with stirfry and I don't worry about the carbs. We also enjoy spaghetti squash and it makes a good stretcher. As a matter of fact, last night we had it with roasted cherry tomatoes and other veggies. A little Parmesan, maybe a can of cannellini beans, and voila...dinner. Last night I forgot to turn the halves of squash up when I took it out of the oven and so it steamed and was a bit mucky, but still tasty!
    We made and canned salsa on Saturday with our neighbours...30 jars to split. Now I have about 2/3's of a bushel of tomatoes to deal with. Today I'm going to roast quite a few and make sauce to put through the food mill and freeze.
    We went hiking yesterday after doing some errands, just 5 miles, but I'm feeling it a little after spending Saturday standing in the kitchen. The weather is much cooler overnights and school has started...time to get into some routines. I go to a trainer once a week, to a class for core strength (for people of a certain, ahem, age, who have had some back or shoulder problems). That starts this week. So, the routine is starting.
    Have a good week, everyone.
  • thin4me59
    Options
    Good afternoon all, I am unable to log on in the morning so I hope you don't mind the afternoons. Because I still work and hubby doesn't we have that weekend rush each weekend. We too did the preserving of the garden this weekend, but took Sunday off for us!

One of our favorite things to do with our garden vegetables is to grill them Yesterday I cut up 2 green peppers, a red pepper, 2 large onions, 1 large eggplant, 2 small yellow squash, and 2 zucchini. They each get a light drizzle of lite Italian dressing and some extra garlic powder. I use mu hands to mix each one up. Then they are grilled separately so none get too over done. Last I added 2 boxes of mushrooms and a quart of grape tomatoes. This will last us all week. I like it both hot and cold!

I am trying zucchini chips right now. Sliced thin, quick spray with my oil mister and a mixture of season salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Been craving something to have with salsa - so we will see!

Have a great week to you all! :happy:
  • janet41283
    janet41283 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    DJ, thanks for the wonderful words! You are such a sweet pal!
    How is everyone doing today? Those grilled veggies sound yummy. I like to roast them also. Easy, tasty, healthy! I also think it looks so pretty to serve. I also love zucchini chips, but I can't seem to get them crispy enough. They come out really sweet, though.
    Do any of you like kale chips? I really love those, as well. Crunchy, salty, and you can eat a ton of them.
    Since I've been back to my routine, my diet is going much better. I feel better about things, and that is a big deal for me.
    I'm very excited about my son's pending engagement! He sent me the pics of the ring plan. He is having one made for her. As soon as that is ready, he will pop the question!