Intros

Options
Post your intro here. Tell us about you basis such as name, age, location, weight, goals, etc.

Hi my name is George if you look in the group info it tells you why I made this group. I am 34 from Phoenix, Arizona. I am about 245-250 I am looking to get down to 200. I found out I have sleep apnea so I am hoping getting that treated can give me more energy to exercise and lose weight.

Replies

• jessicalewis82
    jessicalewis82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello my names Jessica, 32 and I weigh 165. I started the ketogenic diet in June at 214 pounds. I would love to be 135. I just started running lately and realize I actually like it. I hope to get to know everyone and get some more support.
  • bridetobeMEC
    bridetobeMEC Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am 24 and I weigh 172... I would ideally like to be 135. I am getting married this upcoming March, so that is my goal. I work out 5 to 6 days a week and do my best with food (dinner is always the most challenging for me). Good luck ladies!!!
  • Cheeseandcats
    Cheeseandcats Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

My name is Kay and I live in Vermont. I used to weigh over 250lbs (and I am only 5' tall!). I started losing weight about 4 years ago and have lost 70lbs:-) Looking to lose another 40ish pounds to be healthier. I love tae-bo, zumba, and Jillian Michael's workouts (well...love/hate ha). Looking for friends to help motivate me to lose the extra weight!
  • Irish1217
    Irish1217 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies:

My name is Colleen and I'm from Boston. I currently weigh 174. I have gained over 40lbs in the last 2 years. I have had a series of unfortunate events happen and I ate away my feelings. Now I am determined to get down to 140lbs. I started this weight loss journey at 185..down 11lbs. Working out is my struggle. I loathe the gym. I have started walking a lot more and tracking it through the app RunKeeper. I love MFP and look forward to meeting new people and continuing to lose the lbs!!!
  • jenna2191
    jenna2191 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Jen, I'm 27 years old and 5'5". I currently weigh 147lb, 15 of which was gained over the last 13 months. I am determined to get down to 130. Growing up I was extremely athletic and loved to work out, but over the years, laziness has crept in, and starting a sedentary desk job certainly hasn't helped. I've dabbled in almost every "diet" you can think of, inevitably falling back into my old ways (carb fanatic + large portions... even though I LOVE veggies and rarely eat "bad" food, portions have always been a huge issue for me). In the next week or so I think I'll give the keto diet another shot just to jump start my weight loss, if anyone has tips for continuing (last go-around I only lasted 2 weeks..).

I hope we can create a supportive network here and each of us can achieve our goals. I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's struggles and successes. GOOD LUCK!
  • Zoandmadmom822
    Options
    What is the ketogenic diet?
    06071965 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Amy and I live in Dayton. I weigh 180lbs, will be 50yrs old next year and want to get down to 150. Other than eating healthy I also want to add some form of physical exercise, Lord knows I need to use the gym membership I've had for 1 year already, and I think I went to water aerobics bout 8 times! !! Look forward to getting it done. Let's get it girls.....
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hello girls! My name is Monica & I live in Baltimore, MD. I currently weigh 220lbs & would like to get back down to 145lbs. I have a ways to go but I am pumped!!!

I am starting couch to 5k today to get my run on, I have a 5k I need to train for that is going on in November.

Let's do it!!
  • Beauty212205
    Options
    Hi every1 my name is brandy I was at 257And now I am at 248. So I am slowly trying to lose weight. ????