Welcome to the Prevea Community Health Improvement Project!

9/23/14
Hello all, I hope you are all doing well!
We are well on our way through week 2! I hope you are all looking up, and taking each week at a time. Some weeks you might do well, other weeks you may soar, and yet others you may feel that you have fallen flat on your face. Take heart through it all! You will find you are stronger just to reach the end in December even if you had bad days!

I will be posting a informational each week by Thursday midnight, since our weeks run Friday to Friday. The topics will contain either a fitness tip, prevention information, or a dietary component discussion. Weight loss is mostly diet, 80%, and only 20% exercise, so I will be mostly focusing on the dietary portion along with reducing risk for chronic and preventable diseases by improving health through diet and fitness.
I also would like you to give me any ideas for things you would like to learn more about, and I will incorporate these topics into my discussions.
I am so glad to be a partner in your weight loss, improved fitness, and health improvement journey!
Elizabeth

9/03/14
Dear Participants,
I am so happy to share with you on your journey as you each aim to achieve your own individual goals!
I want to be available to help you in the way you need help, and give you the support you need to achieve your optimal health.

Contact: Please message me within My Fitness Pal by clicking on my name and clicking the "send message" button. If you need to contact me and Kristina Lemke, you can message her, and she will forward it to me.

Each week I will ask you to make a goal for yourself
Each week I will provide a short informational on health, wellness, diet, exercise, etc
Reading the informational and making goals are your own personal choice, but are encouraged to do so for your own benefit.
For purposes of the study, each participant should log at least two days of diet/exercise in their MyFitness Pal account.

The study will start 09-12-14 and end 12-12-14

Here's to you! Lets get moving, eating more healthy foods, improving endurance, and changing bad habits! :happy:

Elizabeth

Replies

• greenbaymichk
    greenbaymichk Posts: 85 Member
    My goal for the week - 6000 steps daily
    Journal food intake dailyi
  • My goal for the week is to do some form of exercise everyday.
  • My goal for next week is to only allow one "sweet treat" from Monday-Friday.
  • Thank you for posting your goals! And it is not even the start of week 1!
    I will post the weekly informational each week by Thursday midnight so that it is available for the start of the week. Tomorrow is the big day when everything starts! I will be posting Week 1 Informational later today for the start of week 1.
    Please let me know if I can help you in any way on your journey beyond what I will be providing each week. I want each participant to have the help and answers needed to make your health the most it can be!
    Best wishes for you all!
    Elizabeth
  • Hi, Elizabeth. I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner. I had someone at Prevea help me out, and now I'm all set to go with understanding the community part,:smile: and how to log in the food. Here we go. :]
  • My goal for this week is to make my FitBit dance every day (>10,000 steps). The Heart Walk yesterday definitely helped with that. :wink: