So close...

Options
So my wife almost slipped the other day.

I have been riding my single speed MTB a lot lately to prep for up coming races and it seems like I am always changing the gearing.

I was heading out to the garage to work on it again my wife says jokingly "You should just get another single speed so you don't have to change the gears all the time". I get excited and ask "Is that an option?!?" Before I even finish asking she is yelling "No No No No No!"

Damn! So close to bike number 5.

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    The correct number of bikes is N+1, your wife should appreciate that by now!:laugh:

Would she let you buy a second rear wheel?
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Damn! So close.

This sounds soooo much like a conversation that would happen at my house...
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    The correct number of bikes is N+1, your wife should appreciate that by now!:laugh:
    Sounds like it's possibly the S-1 rule in play here instead!
  • sinker59
    Options
    That's just mean!

I remember years ago reading an article in a hunting magazine about the way to accumulate rifles and shotguns that may work for bikes. If you have a 5-gun cabinet with three guns in it, just buy a 7-gun cabinet and add two guns. To your wife it'll still look like a gun cabinet with two empty spots. Nah, that wouldn't work, would it?
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    That's just mean!

I remember years ago reading an article in a hunting magazine about the way to accumulate rifles and shotguns that may work for bikes. If you have a 5-gun cabinet with three guns in it, just buy a 7-gun cabinet and add two guns. To your wife it'll still look like a gun cabinet with two empty spots. Nah, that wouldn't work, would it?

It might, if I can build a bigger garage without my wife noticing. LOL!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Yeah, I really think the S-1 rule is better when in relationships.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

Luckily my spouse is the one who is pushing for me to get bike #6 (fat bike). I'm the one who insists I sell one (mtn bike) if I get another. All bikes are currently parked in my kitchen. It's ridiculous.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Luckily my spouse is the one who is pushing for me to get bike #6 (fat bike). I'm the one who insists I sell one (mtn bike) if I get another. All bikes are currently parked in my kitchen. It's ridiculous.

Sell it to Kortney!

But yeah, my husband would let me buy as many bikes as I'd like too, just because that means he could have as many as he wants...
  • KaktusJaque
    KaktusJaque Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    my wife questions my bike count. It just may be a matter of time before she really starts to want action taken. Cant blame her, two of them are really just project bikes. I need to sell them....to make space for a new bike. get rid of two and get one, sounds like a good trade off right?