Join the September Challenge!

Options
2»

Replies

• MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure now when I can get back to running. When I find out, I will change my goal. This concussion has landed me flat on my back. Working on healing as fast as I can, though! Happy Running, all!!!
  • larrewl
    larrewl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure now when I can get back to running. When I find out, I will change my goal. This concussion has landed me flat on my back. Working on healing as fast as I can, though! Happy Running, all!!!

Hope you follow your doctor's orders and get well soon! :smile:
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Last week was a low-mileage week for me due to taper / race. I've got 80% of my miles left with only 73% of the month remaining! Looking to pick things up again quickly this week -- maybe 60-65 miles.

I've updated the spreadsheet -- most of you are doing much better than I am; great job!
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Joining the challenge late - thought I wouldn`t be able to this month due to an injury but have just been cleared to go ahead but with decreased speed and mileage. I`ve signed up for 60 miles this month.
  • davemunger
    Options
    Joining the challenge late - thought I wouldn`t be able to this month due to an injury but have just been cleared to go ahead but with decreased speed and mileage. I`ve signed up for 60 miles this month.

Awesome! Welcome to the group! I've updated the spreadsheet. Keep it up, everyone!
  • MelisRunning
    Options
    Today was my first run since my concussion on Labor Day. 11 miles. I will not let this thing defeat me. #Determined.
  • davemunger
    Options
    Today was my first run since my concussion on Labor Day. 11 miles. I will not let this thing defeat me. #Determined.

Awesome!
  • Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    hi everyone,

Just went to add miles and realized someone has entered their last 2 runs under my name; one was 3.1 miles and the other 13. Don't want anyone to fall short on their goals!

thanks & happy running!
  • smarionette
    smarionette Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Halfway through the month and more than halfway through my miles!
  • davemunger
    Options
    Updated the spreadsheet. Looks like a lot of folks are close but maybe haven't updated their miles. Just today and tomorrow left!

My mileage, on the other hand, is up-to-date but it looks like I won't make my goal this month. I had a 5k on Sunday instead of a long run and that made the difference, especially considering my mini-taper leading up to it. On the plus side, I won the race! That's a trade i think I'll take.

Sept14_MFP.png
  • MelisRunning
    Options
    Well, I did not make my goal for this month. Sad Panda. But for not being able to run for 2 weeks, if came out okay. Chicago bound!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say 125 just to be safe with taper and post-marathon recovery.

I was too conservative again. On track for 172. LOLwhoops
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    UGH. I was too optimistic, I ran hard for a half this month (and PR'd), but underestimated the recovery for the race. Not sure why it is taking so long, but it just is.

Still running, but not as much as I would like. I have delayed my (real) BQ attempt so that I have more time to prepare. Still will try earlier, but not feeling I am there yet. I am challenged by these long runs. Thinking about doing 2 back to back medium runs (double digits, 10, 14 to replace the the longer runs).

I loved my run today, ran in the rain! It was not so hot as it has been down in the South, felt amazing!
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Congrats Dave!

Ugh. Well it was good I held back on my estimate because I had to (chose to?) sit out NINE days to let a foot injury heal. It's still not 100% but it feels fine to run on. I thought plantar fasciitis but I think it may have just been another injury masquerading as PF. I'm not having the morning pain and I don't have some other signs. And yet - I will meet my goal! :laugh: Just because I underestimated my goal compared to what my training plan called for. My plan for this month was probably too ambitious and it got me. (see foot injury) :ohwell:
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Decided to race a HM last minute instead of running more easy training mileage and then overdid it on my next long run and had a reduced week following that.

I didn't make my goal, but nearly had my highest mileage month ever.

I'm back on track with my training at this point, and hoping for a HUGE month in October if I can stay on plan.
  • Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    yay! My goal was much smaller than most here, but I did it! I'll bump up to 90 next month and hopefully 100 come November. Thanks for organizing this, it was a great motivation knowing I had to keep the month's mileage in my mind (and feet)!
  • davemunger
    Options
  • davemunger
    Options
    Looks like a bunch of folks pulled through and hit their September goals! Congratulations to everyone who made it; Here's to an even better October!