NSV!!

Options
The other day I had a major NSV. Normally when I'm changing clothes in the bathroom, I avoid looking in the mirror because I hate seeing all my sagging skin (working very hard on loving myself despite the sagging skin). The other day I caught a glimpse of myself and couldn't believe what I saw. I have the beginnings of a waist!!!! Even when I was at my lowest weight, I didn't have a defined waist. It may only be the beginnings but I'll take it!! I was so excited and happy!!!

Have you had any NSV's lately? They are just as important (if not more important) than scale victories, so remember to celebrate them.

Replies

• scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I had an NSV yesterday. I bought my first Ladies size L shirt in I don't know how many years.... This time last year I could not always fit into a Women's 3X. It made me realize how far I have come in a year.
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Awesome scubasuenc!! How exciting. I can't wait to shop in the regular sizes.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    Great job ladies!
  • wennim
    wennim Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Great job guys!

Hearing all this great success makes me think I need to go check on my mini goal to fit comfortably into a pair of jeans I bought in June. They are the first pair of jeans that I found with the rhinestones on the back pockets that I could actually get over my hips and could zip. They were not a good fit (stuffed sausage comes to mind) but they were on clearance for $10 so I got them anyways with the goal of fitting into them by fall. I'm going to try them on after my workout and hopefully I can add my NSV to the list.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Another NSV today. Had my body fat measured with calipers. I'm at 26%. Healthy range for my age is 18-26%. I don't think I've ever been in the healthy range.
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Scuba wtg on getting into the normal range!

My NSV this week has been not eating my anxiety. I am seeing my dad for the first time in about 12 years this weekend. He is flying with his partner to visit her family in Ontario then they are flying to Qc to visit this weekend. My Dad and I have a very rocky history since he and mum split when I was 16. He has let me down many times but mum dieing a couple of years ago made me decide to reach back out to him. We have been emailing for a year and I did not expect a visit as he does not have a lot of money. But here we are, tomorrow evening he will meet his grandson for the first time and my DH. And I really want to eat some junk to help deal with how I feel. But I will not.
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies and Gents!!

Congrats on everyone's NSV. Everyone is doing awesome. I'm so happy that I have returned to the group and can be active and participate.

My NSV is from last night.... I REALLY wanted a klondike heath ice cream bar last night. REALLY REALLY wanted it. Instead of eating it, I climbed in bed and went to sleep. Now. I am really trying to curb the night time boredom eating. Got to find something better to do when bored then to sleep. (Went to bed about 830 last night--don't have hubby or children to contend with). But I tend to get the nibbles around 8pm, and going to bed every night at that time is not going to happen.

Hope everyone has an awesome day!!
  • wennim
    Options
    Tishtash-That really does sound like a very stressful situation. I know I always get stressed out when seeing family and I see them once or twice a year. Stay strong and find something to do to take your mind off it.

Cari- have you tried knitting or doing puzzles? Both keep your hands busy and I have found that is the key for me. I have a Sudoku book and it tends to make me concentrate so I don't think about food.

Well I tried on the jeans. They don't fit. They are too big:laugh: . I was able to pull them up without unzipping or unbuttoning them and they just droop on me. In a way I am kind of sad because I loved the jeans when I bought them but I guess I would rather have them be too loose than too tight. I am not a girly girl and raising five boys there isn't much rhinestones or sparkles in this house so maybe it wasn't meant to be. The biking has really changed the shape of my lower half so I am kind of excited to get to go shopping for new pants for the fall/winter.
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Wennim-have you thought about tossing the jeans in the dryer on high or taking them to a local dry cleaner/seamstress and have them taken in?

Just a thought.

Cari
  • carostad
    Options
    Ahhh, had to look up NSV. I had one today! I have three dresses that I've saved for years for no particular reason other than they were my favorite. I honestly never considered wearing them again, they're just too pretty to throw or give away.

Today, on a whim, I tried them on. They fit! All three of them. One of them I have had since before I got married 16 years ago. It's a stretchy, crushed velvet dress with an elasticized empire waist that really is quite forgiving and fit me at many sizes, but not for years and years. It looks awesome on me! I can't wait for cold weather so I can wear it. :)

Happy dancing around my house. My 10 year old son is thinking I've gone off the deep end, but honestly? I was already mid jump, so he's right!

Caroline
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    There are so many times here when I just wish I had a like button. You guys ROCK.
  • carostad
    Options
    Oh gosh, me too. Hitting the like button is just what I want sometimes, lol.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Had a couple this week:

Threw away my size 24 jeans in favour of size 22s and even got into a pair of 20s though they werent as nice to wear.

Got my leg press up from 40 to 50kg

Had a 'cheat' day and still came in under calories for the day :)
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I completed an NSV victory. I was able to complete my 500th mile (504 to be exact) of bike riding. I got back on the bike 91 days ago and have taken 36 rides since then for a total of 45 hours. My morning client canceled which left me with afternoon to just ride. It was a beautiful ride to Sunol, CA and a quick visit to the Water Temple and then back. With 107 days left in the year I should easily be able to make it over the 1,000 mile mark. If you had told me that 166 days ago I would have laughed in your face.
    Think of the places I could go in a 1,000 miles.

Here is to 500 Miles and the 500 more that are to come!

14mugxc.png
    2u6fzw2.png

2l90dnd.jpg
    148qe6d.jpg
    2dcbuxs.jpg
  • maoribadger
    Options
    NSV for today. REALLY did.not want to go.to.gym today. Like full on having a wobble want to hide.in bed not.wanting to.go

Just did 55 mins at gym...
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Awesome...dragging self to gym when you really don't want to go is a win, especially when you're glad afterwards that you went!
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Yeah felt way better for it, burned 600 cals and had enough oomph to go for a swim tonight
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I always find it funny when I have to be dragged into an activity but once I get going i'm fine.
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost much weight yet, so I'm not seeing some of the obvious results like others...but I guess even at my current weight I'm able to look at myself in the mirror and think, "oh, you are kind of pretty" or feel really sassy in particular dress. I never used to be able to do that.

The binge eating, too. There are moments when I recognize the changes I've made. Like when I'm stressed out and I'll say something like, "I need to go workout" rather than, "I need carbs." I like those moments.
  • wennim
    Options
    Kind of a NSV kind of not. I went to renew my license yesterday and didn't panic when filling out the form where it asked for weight. I was able to put down a number 30 lbs less than I did 7 years ago (which was fudged 20 lbs less than I weighed at the time). I now have a license with the second lowest weight ever...aside from my first license at 16.