Sept 11, 2014

Options
Last night I took Remy Obedience class, first one of the new session and it was a struggle to get through, I think that might be why she didn't do so well, she is very attuned to me. Tonight we have her first ever Rally class. I was delighted to find out that this session ends the week before surgery and I will be well enough by the time the next session starts. We have a lot of work to do though.

Are there any hobbies you have? Things you do that you love where you are not thinking about food? LOL

Replies

• persistentsoul
    persistentsoul Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    That is good news. Animals are great. I can not have any where I live but would love a cat or dog.

I do not have any set hobbies but i do get into arts and crafts at times. While a bit hypomanic earlier in year i became obsessed with making pompom creatures, mostly bunnies.

Pompoms.jpg
  • wennim
    wennim Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Those are adorable!

I didn't have much time for a lot of hobbies until the youngest started school. I enjoy knitting, sewing, reading and walking. I found the knitting really curbed my late night in front of the tv snacking.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest hobbies is SCUBA diving. But I haven't had time to do it much this year. I also like to read, and do arts and crafts like cross stitch or making Christmas ornaments.

I've been so busy lately between work, school, dating, and exercising I haven't had as much time for any of my hobbies.
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Probably my biggest passion would be reading. After that I love to play tennis and basketball and watching terrible movies with friends.
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My hobbies ebb and flow. I went through a period of a few months last winter where I crocheted like a mad woman. I made four blankets and a bunch of other smaller things, including a squid hat for my brother (by request). Lately, I've been doing weddingy things. I designed our save the date and now I'm working on the invitation. We sort of like the dark gray one, but I'm not happy with the font (I think I like the swoopy one, but the rest of the type is just kind of eh). I'm also not sure if the colors are quite right.

ebf58293cd06557622a6c9d9955b9536d609d952.jpg?t=1410445764?463
    5d087a9d9fddfb90301fab4f818bfb40c95820d2.jpg?t=1410445740?468
    f5445efd234726b8df5b4a4d79ccdb25.jpg?t=1410445692?741

I also walk a lot, which is definitely good for my mental health!
  • carostad
    Options
    Norah, those are gorgeous. Personally, I like the first one the best, but I agree, the lower font is quite there yet. The first one really captures the time of year and atmosphere. But the dark gray one is nice too. I think the blue and gray are spot on, but maybe tweak the yellow a bit? What are your wedding colors?

I grew up outside of DC and got married at a vineyard in Leesburg. Is it too personal to ask where your wedding and reception will be? I promise I won't crash, lol.

My hobbies are kind of all over the place. I crochet from time to time, and just started an afghan. I homeschool my kids, so I spend a lot of time driving them to classes and waiting (piano, parkour 3x/week, a literature class) so my crocheting tends to pick up when their classes are in session. I made a whole bunch of grocery bags last year, which was a lot of fun. I'm really enjoying walking lately, so I try to get a 45 minute walk in every day, sometimes during one of those classes, and weekends I like to geocache. And, then of course, movies and reading.

My weight has been challenging me this past month. I keep losing and regaining the same 5-10 pounds, but I've passed all the celebrations we had scheduled, so now hopefully this weight will stay off this time. On a whim, I tried on some dresses that have been hanging in the back of my closet since before I got married, and they fit!!! So, while the numbers have been stubborn, I have made some progress. I don't tend to hang on to stuff that does't fit, but these three dresses were my favorites and have been hard to let go of. Now I'm glad I didn't!
  • carostad
    Options
    Wish I could edit my post. I just want to add my name at the end. LOL, so I'll sign a new post. ;)

Caroline
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    The top one (with the blue sky, the DC skyline, and the cherry blossoms) was our Save the Date and I looooved that (except for the chalkboardy font, but what's done is done) -- the bottom two are the options for the actual invite. Our venue is the Josephine Butler Parks Center, which used to be an embassy building and it overlooks Meridian Hill/Malcolm X Park (hopefully the fountain is going so we can get some pictures with that!). Our colors are basically aqua (my mom has a bunch of antique aqua bottles that are going to make the centerpieces) and yellow (the walls of the park center are a nice pale yellow color). We'll have white/ivory and pale yellow flowers with some greens, I think? My mom also has some silver platters, so we might put the bottles on those? Not sure. We've got lots of time to play around with details like that! It's fun to think about, anyway, and totally absorbing for me.
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    What a fabulously talented group too! I WANT WANT one of those bunnies in purple.