Sept 11th, 2014 - Rejoice in Me Always

Options
Mine_Time
Mine_Time Posts: 588 Member
"Rejoice in Me always! No matter what is going on, you can rejoice in your Love-Relationship with Me. This is the secret of being content in all circumstances. So many people dream of the day when they will finally be happy: when you are out of debt when their children are out of trouble, when they have more leisure time and so on. While they daydream, their moments are trickling into the ground like precious baalm spilling wastefully from overturned bottles.

Fantasizing about future happiness will never bring fulfillment, because fantasy is unreality. Even though I am invisible, I am far more Real than the world you see around you. My reality is eternal and unchanging. Bring your moments to Me, and I will fill them with vibrant Joy. Now is the time to rejoice in My Presence!

Philipians 4:4, 12; Ps 102:27"

How can I relate this to my weight loss journey?

I know I fantasize a lot of what it will be likely when I am skinny. Although I believe that I need to imagine sometimes to help keep me motivated to do this. I have to be happy with today, not wait for for tomorrow what I can do today. Focus on my relationship with God, to make me happy not the future.

Good Morning Father, I love you so much. Thank you for being there for me. You are great and awesome. I understand that I need to not be focus on the furture happiness but on today's happiness with you. Please help me today, lead me and guide me in all you want me to do and say. In Jesus Name Amen.

Replies

• pamelanne1
    pamelanne1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I try to read Jesus Calling for my daily devotion.

Today's devotion is very important and I have relied on the versus in Philippians many time over the last few years. Learning to be content during each season of my life has helped me to see that today, what is here in front of us, is what we have. We do not know what the future holds. During this weight loss journey, I don't know if I will be successful or not but I can be happy with the progress I am making no matter how big or small and I can be content with my current size. God is good.

I often wear a bracelet with the verse "I can do all things through him who strengthens me: Philippians 4:13.