Anyone currently (summer 2014) doing Curves complete?

Options
jmg9656
jmg9656 Posts: 18 Member
I'm about 6 weeks into it. Not losing a ton of weight, but am losing some weight. Which is progress! :)

Replies

• fivekidlets
    Options
    I'm not doing curves complete, but I just signed up. Hoping from some motivation here. :) Hope you are seeing results!
  • hogarth1
    hogarth1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I joined curves yesterday and have just done my first workout today! ????
  • Caharleygirl
    Caharleygirl Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    yes...I am. I joined about a month ago and have been pretty faithful except for this week as I have been sick.

Love the workouts but have had some problems with the website and logging food.

Just curious...what is everyone else's opinion of it???
  • firststepformefal
    firststepformefal Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I joined a month ago. I had my 2nd coaching today. I have not lost a lot of weight, but I have loss 1 inch on all my measurements. I am having a lot of trouble following their plan, as they do not list a lot of Canadian brands or the foods I eat. I am also recording in MyFitnessPal, to get a more accurate report of what I am eating.

I am enjoying the work outs. I already feel stronger, though a couple of the machines are hard to do.

I asked my coach today about the logging of my work outs. I have the smart card, and nothing is recorded. My coach said other members had been having problems, and that she would check with the computer people if there is a problem.
  • chenoamac
    chenoamac Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the curves complete for 1 year and I have to tell you I have not lose much weight infact I just started back up with My fitness pal to see what I can do.. I love my workouts/class at curves. my the curves complete is not working for me The app is too slow/not great and web site does not work on my work computer and I don't have time to go on the computer when I get home.
  • jmg9656
    jmg9656 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like the Curves Complete. For the first time in YEARS I am losing weight. Slowly and in small increments, but progress is progress. The eating plan is based on a defined protein/carb ratio, and apparently is very similar to the diet given to people with diabetes.

The eating plan is reasonable (includes restaurant meals, frozen grocery and recipes), and suggests 8 glasses of "water" each day. I weigh in and meet with my coach each week, and that has helped me a great deal. We traveled a lot this summer, and S. helped keep me on track with workouts and with using hotel fitness centers. She also hosts monthly meetings with Curves Complete participants in our club, and those are helpful.

The website is terrible -- hard to use, inconsistent, and allows you to only input the foods that are compliant with the eating plan. One feature that I really like about their website is that you can enter foods into meals, and you are given a red, yellow or green "rating," depending on how well your meal fits into the plan. This is a very helpful tool, and I've learned a lot about tweaking my food choices to be compliant. However, the website is so glitch and annoying that I've returned to MFP. :-(

My understanding is that anyone who completes the entire Curves Complete program (regardless of weight loss success) will be able to access the website for life, thereafter. If this is true and IF Curves ever upgrades their website, then I will definitely use it more.
  • cindyb1984
    cindyb1984 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Curves Complete for 5 weeks now. I've lost 19lbs!!! I have a lot to lose though, but loving it so far!