Fishers Girl - Looking for support!

Hi everyone!

I live in Fishers and am pretty excited to have this group. I am just starting my 150lb weight loss journey on my own - something I thought I couldn't do! I was just a semi-finalist for Extreme Weight Loss, but I was rejected as they chose the finalists to go to LA. I was pretty bummed, which is probably an understatement. I decided to start a Facebook page to have as many supporters and accountability partners as possible and joined MFP to track what is going in my body.

I'd love to be MFP friends and for you to follow my journey! I am totally new to living a healthy life and would love your tips and suggestions!

Kristina
www.facebook.com/journeyto150

Replies

• keobooks
    keobooks Posts: 92 Member
    I'm from Lawrence, just next door to Fishers. I'm also just starting out and planning to lose 120 pounds. I'll follow you on your page. If you find any cool local events participate and post about it. That would be so cool.
  • goCOLTS25
    goCOLTS25 Posts: 28
    I'm from Lawrence, just next door to Fishers. I'm also just starting out and planning to lose 120 pounds. I'll follow you on your page. If you find any cool local events participate and post about it. That would be so cool.

I will! We are right on the border of Fishers and Lawrence and husband works at Fort Ben. :)
  • keobooks
    keobooks Posts: 92 Member
    I work out at the Fishers and the Fort Ben Y. If you ever go there maybe I'll see you. I'd like to meet people my size at the gym. I get intimidated by all the skinny Fishers moms.
  • goCOLTS25
    goCOLTS25 Posts: 28
    I work out at the Fishers and the Fort Ben Y. If you ever go there maybe I'll see you. I'd like to meet people my size at the gym. I get intimidated by all the skinny Fishers moms.

OH MY GOSH I KNOW!!! Right now a gym membership isn't in the budget, but as soon as I re-join I'll let you know!
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    wishing you well and healthy support on your weight loss goals!

Angie
  • mmurfey
    mmurfey Posts: 9 Member
    Good luck!! I'm over on the northeast side, and love hiking over at Fort Ben. Maybe I'll see you there!
  • Hi. Just wanted to say that something that has helped me drop some water retention and helps me keep good hydration.... Coconut Water. Trader Joe's has a good price on their brand & is 100% not extract. Today I stopped by Earth Fare in Hamilton Town Centre today after work. They have cans of the same -- but another brand. It also is not from concentrate. I bought 12 cans tonight since it was on sale. It is about 17 oz. for ~$1.20 each . A good price. Just happened to run across it and stocked up for this week. Coconut H2O - as I understand has same / better electrolyte mix - plus is all natural. For me it is also lower cost than Gatorade. My face and other areas have shown a difference since I started a few weeks ago. Plus I feel an energy boost from it in about 5 minutes or so. It will also boot your potassium intake, if you desire that. A friend of mine said that it helps take out the Sodium intake by grabbing unwanted Sodium and flushing it out faster.
  • nessa2BFit
    nessa2BFit Posts: 155 Member
    Good luck on your journey... i am not far from you in mccordsville!
  • jenabeth32
    jenabeth32 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm in Fishers, too, and am starting to work out at the Fishers Y. Hope I'll see you there:-)
  • vkdarling
    vkdarling Posts: 161 Member
    Hello! I'm about 30/45 miles east - but I would love to have some local friends! everyone feel free to add me!
  • mrsfurby14
    mrsfurby14 Posts: 181 Member
    Hello,
    I am in Noblesville, but I go to the Y in fishers. I'm starting back on this weightloss again haven't done much since after my honeymoon. Looking for someone to motivate me and maybe find a gym buddy. Please feel free to add me!
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    I too am in the fishers area if you want to add me as a friend.