surgery went great!

Options
lbrown1428
lbrown1428 Posts: 116 Member
Just had my gastric sleeve today about 8 am and all went great! Took a little under 1 hr and I just finished walking 1 mile. Hoping to go home tomorrow :)

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Great to hear!
  • Shoefly318
    Shoefly318 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That is great news !
  • becskimo
    Options
    Congrats!

Awesome news for you! I wish you all the luck on your journey :)
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    So relieved the surgery is over for you and you can start the next stage of healing. A mile walk is a lot on surgery day. Way to go. Wishing you a speedy recovery. :flowerforyou:
  • weeziebeth
    weeziebeth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep your face to the sun and keep moving forward!
  • inspireuplift2014
    Options
    Congrats!

Good luck during your journey.
  • lbrown1428
    lbrown1428 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! Just a little sore, but nothing major. I also pulled a muscle in the hospital right after getting out of bed for the first time after surgery and walking a mile. I tried to get back in bed and honestly my nurse wasn't very friendly or helpful. Instead of helping me to sit back she had the bed flat and I tried to lay and felt a horrible pain shoot from lower back through my stomach up to my shoulder and neck. She left the room then I got situated in bed and started having spasms coming and going over and over and had to have my husband get me up out of the bed as fast as he could. I couldn't even help him when it was happening. Standing up was the only thing that made it go away. I ended up having it happen a few hours later too. So now I can't wait til my stomach is healed all the way so I can go to the chiropractor to get this fixed because I'm still having pains from it.also I haven't ever felt full yet. I'm not hungry, but never feel full and my stomach rumbles all of the time. A lot of the time I have only ate 1 1/2 ounces at my meals though instead of 2 ounces.