losing weight and gaining a baby

Options
ttc with pcos is so frustrating I would love to be able to do it naturally does anyone take any herbs to help with fertility ?

Replies

• nikithagirlie
    nikithagirlie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had PCOS due to my weight gain and gynae told me I had to lose weight if I wanted to become pregnant.So I started exercising every single day(I really exercised for 7 days) with 2 of the BIGGEST LOSER CD with Bob Harper & Jillian Michaels workouts.As for my food,I had fastfood once a week,ate lots of fruits & vege..My dinner was the most challenging as I could only have different type of fruits..It was hard at first but I managed to lose 15kg within 3 months and by December 2010 I was pregnant and gained weight again..

Now I just started exercising and watching my diet as well..
  • MrsExtraordinary
    Options
    Thats amazing I really hope to have the same results. you give me hope its nice to see someone that actually did it!!
  • faatimahhh86
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    I'm 29 and not on BC for the past 6 years. My goal is to be 40 lbs lighter on New Year's Day & 80 pounds at the end of May 2015. I weigh 207 lbs and i'm in no shape or form to be able to conceive with PCOS. Also i have a beyond horrible menstrual cycle where i didn't have a period for almost 9 months and now I've been going through serious abnormal bleeding issues. I'm on Metformin 1000 mcg. My doctor has suggested getting me on the "cIomid" bandwagon to up my chances of ovulating but i desperately need to lose at least 40 pounds to seriously get into ttc mode. I don't want to go through a high risk pregnancy, chances of a miscarriage, gestational diabetes, or put 30-50 more pounds in the process. I need a lot of motivation, good advice, a healthy balanced diet and a support group where people are able to understand my issues and have similar goals. I bless everyone here with the best of health, success in losing weight and gaining a baby.
  • ImaniF
    ImaniF Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am a 29 (soon to be 30) year old woman. I have been overweight for as long as I can remember but my weight has steadily increased over the years. At my highest, I was close to 300lbs. As my weight increased, my cycles became more irregular and longer. I would go three months without a period then my cycle would last two to three weeks once it arrived. My husband and I stopped preventing pregnancy three years ago but have not been blessed with a child. Now that we are married, we are ready to address the issue. I started following the Paleo eating program in March and lost 48lbs in 3 months. However, I had to stall my weight loss in order to fit my wedding dress (alterations are expensive!!!!!) Now that the wedding is over, I am ready to get back into my plan, but this time it's been more difficulty to mentally get back to that place. I am looking for moral support in this journey and ready to get healthy. I would love to have children and I am hoping to achieve this goal naturally. So let's go ladies, it's baby time!!!