STALL !!!!!!

Options
I am really getting frustrated with this current stall. I am 9 weeks post op and have been teeter-tottering at this same weight for 2 1/2 weeks. I am so frustrated. Its only been a little over two months and with the first 6 months being crucial weight loss months, I am starting to think its going to be super slow from now on. I am not really exercising because I am still a little dizzy when I try. Still working on increasing my water intake, and it is getting better daily, but Feeling a little depressed about this................?? HELP...LOL

Replies

• platinum3karat
    platinum3karat Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration. I am 5 months out and have experienced several stalls but the scale will move again. You should try walking if you are getting dizzy from exercising. Make sure you are getting your protein in and taking your vitamins.
  • Mom2Cubs
    Mom2Cubs Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    take your measurements. You may see a different on tape before the scales. Don't give up. the scale will move.
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's sure frustrating when the scale isn't moving the way we want it to. However, this is a marathon and not a sprint, so while losing is a little easier in the first 6 months, everyone loses at their own pace and many people take far longer than 6 months to reach their goal. Talk to your NUT to see if you're good on calories and water...when I hit some big stalls in my first 6 months, it was because I wasn't eating enough. Once my NUT upped my calories to between 1000 and 1200, I started losing again. Hang in there and good luck!!
  • dizzybellRN
    dizzybellRN Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know it's frustrating! I didn't really start losing weight until I got my water over 70oz a day! You are likely retaining water unless you are getting at least 64oz. I am only 5 months out but I have really slowed down too. Hugs!
  • clcesari
    Options
    I had a three week stall just two weeks after my surgery! Now I am back on a stall two weeks after THAT stall. I lost a lot in those two weeks in between the stalls, about 13 pounds. I figure, it all averages out. I know how frustrating it is. Especially since I am in the beginning and have been on stalls MORE than I have not. We will get there. It might not be with as little or short stalls as we like, but as long as we continue to do what we are supposed to, we will!
  • authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I mostly stall. So much so, I only weigh myself once in a while. Keep your protein and water up, keep your carbs way low and go on with your life. It will come off. It has to. And move all you can. that helps, also. I'm out. 4 months now and down almost 55 pounds with 160 pounds to my 'In my dream' goal weight of 130. I'll get there. Some day. I live on Kroger carbmaster yogurt and Kroger carbmaster Milk and protein shakes. Sometimes I eat other stuff, but not much. And I get my 64 ounce of fluid in everyday and take all the vitamins.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I stall often and lose really slow. Sorry, but wanted you to know that some of us do. But the main point here is that we lose. And usually when we stall it's only the scale numbers that aren't moving. Remember 1 pound of fat is physically larger than 1 pound of fay (think brick/muscle and feather/fat) So while losing fat, but gaining muscle, the scale doesn't move but the inches go down or the clothes fit better. Even walking for exercise is going to help you lose the fat and gain the muscle.

Hang in there and remember what others here said. This is a journey not a race. You will get there and it really doesn't matter when you hit goal as long as you do.

Pat
  • foxymitchell
    foxymitchell Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I REALLY needed to hear to hear these comments. I also just want to say I appreciate everyone taking time out to give me their views and experience. It means alot. Thanks. I will continue to increase my water intake and protein. I will have to start walking at least also. I cant keep using "Im so tired after work" anymore. Ive just got to do it!! Thx again!!
  • msmarisa21
    msmarisa21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I find that if I keep my protein to 70g/day I do better. I also like to mix up walking and swimming/aquafit.for activity. If you find you are tired after work, then try to get up 30 minutes earlier and walk in the morning instead. I also try to walk for 20-30 minutes after each meal. That makes me feel a whole lot better throughout the day.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are measuring and weighing your food. at 3 wks i slipped into grazing on yogurt and was eating way over my 600 calories a day. since you have to burn 2800 calories to lose 1 lb if you are off by 300 cals a day this can really delay your wt loss. if you have lost wt recalculate your BMR set at sedentary. mine is 1350. i am at maintenance. if i eat 1000 calories a day it takes 8-9 days to lose 1 lb. after my first 25 lbs(3 month) it usually took me 7 days to lose 1 lb at 850 cals a day. avoid anything made with grain, wheat, rice, potato and processed corn are just empty calories. hit your water goals. if you stick to it the scale will move, sometimes by 3 lbs in 2 days
  • sarahViolet1977
    sarahViolet1977 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm in a stall myself. I'm about 7 weeks out and have lost 20 lbs since surgery. I just got the OK to exercise but I haven't yet since it doesn't really fit into my schedule yet. I know I'm not getting enough water/fluids lately so I think that might be part of the problem. Very frustrating!
  • foxymitchell
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I do have sedentary listed also. I am at about 600-700 calories/day. Maybe its too low... I did start walking today and did my resistance bands. This was my 1st day getting out walking and I felt great afterwards, so I hope I see a little loss as I definitely plan on continuing.
  • MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I do have sedentary listed also. I am at about 600-700 calories/day. Maybe its too low... I did start walking today and did my resistance bands. This was my 1st day getting out walking and I felt great afterwards, so I hope I see a little loss as I definitely plan on continuing.

KEEP IT GOING!! YOU WILL DO IT!!
  • Mom2Cubs
    Mom2Cubs Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Great advise everyone. I am frustrated at how slow I am loosing, too. Your encouragement helps. I know it will all average out in the end. I think I really need to increase my water intake and maybe my calories. I rarely hit 500 a day. It is hard to eat when you have no appetite and know that even if you do eat it will only be 2-3 bites. I'm trying to drink more protein shakes also to u my protein count.
  • juliebccs
    Options
    Stalls make you doubt things. I PROMISE you your stall will break. I have had a few and just coming off one today. I never took measurements and I wish I had. But sometimes the measurements move even if the scale doesn't. Let your body heal itself and then it will be ready to shift again. :-D
  • jojomoe523
    jojomoe523 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i had hit my goal weight at a little over a year out. went from 360 to 190. i was stuck at the weight for over a year. i gained around 10 lbs doing "green, healthy" smoothies. turns out, it was too much natural sugar for me. I stopped them. not only have i lost that 10 lbs, i have lost another 8 lbs bringing me to 182. next goal is 180 then 175. that's where i will stop. i will be three years out on sept 19.
  • foxymitchell
    Options
    i had hit my goal weight at a little over a year out. went from 360 to 190. i was stuck at the weight for over a year. i gained around 10 lbs doing "green, healthy" smoothies. turns out, it was too much natural sugar for me. I stopped them. not only have i lost that 10 lbs, i have lost another 8 lbs bringing me to 182. next goal is 180 then 175. that's where i will stop. i will be three years out on sept 19.

That's great!! And thanks. Stalls are DEPRESSING....................... but I def feel better now about it!
  • foxymitchell
    Options
    Stalls make you doubt things. I PROMISE you your stall will break. I have had a few and just coming off one today. I never took measurements and I wish I had. But sometimes the measurements move even if the scale doesn't. Let your body heal itself and then it will be ready to shift again. :-D

Thanks I feel a little better about it today. Just ready......its been almost 3 weeks!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I know, people keep telling me about their great smoothies but they are around 500 cals and loaded about 50+ grams of sugar!
  • jojomoe523
    jojomoe523 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i didn't realize that the smoothies would do that. lol. dumb *kitten* that i was. sugar is not my friend....