Certain foods you eat every day? .....

Options
asia1967
asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
Cross thread

Lately I have been eating a homemade tossed salad with pretty much the same ingredients for close to 3 weeks and I like to eat Special K protein plus cereal with a piece of old cheddar cheese for my evening snack.

Replies

• Shabambam
    Shabambam Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love soup and seafood. They have been my saving grace for the past week! Everything else I have tried makes me vomit. My doc says I need to try to start incorporating red meat into my diet again but it is proving to be too harsh. How do you all prepare your red meat dishes so they don't feel stuck in your chest?
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Pb2, bacon, Kroger carbmaster vanilla skim milk, Greek yogurt.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I love soup and seafood. They have been my saving grace for the past week! Everything else I have tried makes me vomit. My doc says I need to try to start incorporating red meat into my diet again but it is proving to be too harsh. How do you all prepare your red meat dishes so they don't feel stuck in your chest?
    You will find that even ground beef,pork,chicken and turkey have to be very wet, very well chewed and eaten VERY slowly. At 10 months out I waited til I was very hungry and scarfed down some soft wet chicken too fast and barfed. All my food is on the soupy side. I stick to fish at restaurants
  • asia1967
    Options

A great way to start out eating red meats is to cook them in a slow cooker/crock pot. Keeps everything moist and almost falls apart. My friend had RNY and she was having the same issue, she ended up coming to my house for a vaca (we live 16hrs apart) and I did a roast beef in the slower cooker and she was able to eat it, no problems and loved it.
    You might want to add a gravy or sauce, dipping sauce anything to give it some moisture. Good luck.
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options

I have red meat every day. Early on, hamburger was actually the toughest to digest. I started out with beef tenderloin, as it went down very well. Most often now I have ribeye. Don-t be afeaid of fatty meat. The marbling makes it tender and it goes down easier.
  • dizzybellRN
    dizzybellRN Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have found beef to go down and stay down so much better than chicken/turkey or even pork. Ground beef is the toughest, but a bit of nice steak is sooo good! Fish goes down pretty well too, and I eat a lot of deli ham.

I have an iced americano with cream and Light & Fit Greek yogurt every day so far. Also a Premier choc protein shake!
  • shonrecio
    shonrecio Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I eat a sargento cheese stick everyday or some type of cheese. I love cheese. I also have reduced fat peanut butter, almonds(dark chocolate,just a few) and drink raspberry tea.
    As far as the meats go, I echo what others have said, try to cook it moist or in a slow cooker. I find that over cooked meats get stuck or feels heavy in my stomach. I smother most of my meats in a water based powder marinade. I haven't eaten chicken or turkey in 20 years (personal issues with it) until I has surgery, but since I've had surgery I have slowly started eating those again. I slow bake everything keeping it covered with a lid or foil to keep the moisture in. Good luck finding what works for you.
  • Peggylee123
    Peggylee123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had my surgery May 2013 and almost every morning since I have a chocolate Premium Protein Shake for breakfast. It helps me get in the amount of protein I need to eat each day.
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    protein shake, jerky or local butcher shop made beef stick, cheese. It changes sometimes, too, though. Some months I'll eat Greek yogurt every day, or chili, and so on.
  • asia1967
    Options
    Yeah, mind changes to. Like I will eat a hard boiled egg and protein bagels for weeks on end. Then I will get into eating something else for awhile then go back to my egg and bagel. Creatures of habit I guess. :laugh:
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I like to start my day with two fried eggs, a few slices of turkey bacon and an orange or half a banana or some other fruit. I've gotta get some real fruit and protein in me. I am still pre-surgery but have this breakfast a lot.
  • asia1967
    Options
    I like to start my day with two fried eggs, a few slices of turkey bacon and an orange or half a banana or some other fruit. I've gotta get some real fruit and protein in me. I am still pre-surgery but have this breakfast a lot.

Sounds like a good breakfast to me, just to lazy to make something big first thing. :tongue:
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    So funny how much tastes can vary-- the only thing on your list I would even THINK about eating daily is bacon!! :laugh:
    Pb2, bacon, Kroger carbmaster vanilla skim milk, Greek yogurt.
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Eggs, colby jack cheese, and coffee. Other than that, I like a good bit of variety. :bigsmile: