What Fitness Groups Are You A Part Of? CLT/Fort Mill Area

Options
Hi Guys,

I'm hoping to kick up some good responses to this question.
I know there are alot of fitness resources out there, but how many actually give you the opportunity to join up with someone local and feel comfortable being a beginner. Joining a group can still be kind of intimidating when you are unsure of how your fitness level and goals compare to others.

I just wanted to get a good discussion going on this and see where it goes. What is everyone doing individually/group wise? And what is everyone doing or would like to do better to get out there and stay active?

Replies

• masterodot
    masterodot Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I've been kind of looking for something similar lately... My mother lives in Tega Cay, and she and I will occasionally go on walks together, as a way to catch up and be more active. Our schedules don't often line up though, so it doesn't happen too often. I've tried to get my BF interested, but he's not really into exercise, so that's kind of failed, haha. I know that I'd be more likely to exercise regularly if there was someone else around pushing me to do it (or if there was someone I could encourage, I guess), so that's what I'm hoping I can do through MFP.

As a bit of a side note/discussion, I do see a lot of people in my area in the mornings and afternoon, walking or jogging, and yes, I would love to be the type of person to just walk up and introduce myself, but it's harder to do in person than online, and I guess I don't know what kind of reaction I would get. Would people get weirded out if someone walked up to them out of the blue during their routine, and asked to join in? Seems like a fitness faux pas to me, but... If anyone can share thoughts on this, or better tips to connect with locals, I'd be interested in hearing it =)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Look at meetup.com as the Charlotte area is very active within it. I belong to Mecklenburg Atheltic club through it which I play softball but it also does a thursday run, flag football, volleyball pickup games, golf clinics. There are other running, hiking and other activity groups within it.