Should People Be Allowed To Be Fat In Public ?

Options
__drmerc__
__drmerc__ Posts: 722 Member
Yes, or No and why ? My take is that you should only be fat in designated areas, and that area should be outside and in a large specific area. However, if you're at a restaurant eating in the patio then you should NOT be allowed to be fat.

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Yes, or No and why ? My take is that you should only be fat in designated areas, and that area should be outside and in a large specific area. However, if you're at a restaurant eating in the patio then you should NOT be allowed to be fat.

Agreed. Also, if you are fat in public, then I reserve the right to come up to you and tell you you're fat.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Agreed. Also, if you are fat in public, then I reserve the right to come up to you and tell you your fat.
    Ditto. How dare you!

Now let me take you to the gym and show you how to not be fat anymore.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

Agreed. Also, if you are fat in public, then I reserve the right to come up to you and tell you your fat.
    Ditto. How dare you!

Would you please! I would love to judge people based on their fatness after I have gotten rid of mine.
  • PRMinx
    Options

Ditto. How dare you!

And, also, do this:

YtQPTnw.gif
  • PRMinx
    Options

I concur, there are major health risks and they should be told

Preferably in front of friends, or maybe a first date, so that there is a thorough shaming.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I think it's fine to be fat...but keep it limited to private property and enterprises. My tax dollars aren't for you fatty.
  • rml_16
    Options

Ditto. How dare you!

Would you please! I would love to judge people based on their fatness after I have gotten rid of mine.
    I have only the best of intentions and I'm offering free help, after all.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I don't think being fat in public should be allowed. At least not until there's been sufficient research into the effects of being fat around other people. I need to know whether someone being fat around me will cause me to experience the negative health effects of being fat.

(ETA ^ This is all assuming that I'm NOT too fat to be in public. If I am, then I might change my position, per Because)
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I don't think being fat in public should be allowed. At least not until there's been sufficient research into the effects of being fat around other people. I need to know whether someone being fat around me will cause me to experience the negative health effects of being fat.

This! Especially because I think it might be contagious. Every time I turn around, there are more fat people. Seriously, it's spreading like the plague! What if I catch it next??
  • rml_16
    Options
    There have been studies and they concluded that being around fat people will cause you to be fat. So, yeah. dangerous!
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lzge1qdAbn1qh5i02o1_500.gif
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    There have been studies and they concluded that being around fat people will cause you to be fat. So, yeah. dangerous!

No, no. I'm not worried that being around fat people will make me fat. I used to be fat(ter) and I think I can resist being fat again. I'm worried that secondary fat people exposure is a bigger risk to my health than actually being fat. Like if I'm around fat people, just being around them while they're just sitting there being fat will increase my chances of becoming diabetic or cardiac problems, etc.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

I hear this is in your voice, odus.

Now then, as to the larger issue of the larders who are clogging the arteries of our infrastructure with their wobbly, jiggly jowls, clearly these defects of nature are a threat. I suggest a quarantine until we can best determine how to keep their toxins from affecting the nation as a whole. Extermination may in fact be the simplest and only course of action available, but we should, of course, exhaust any and all possibilities before euthanizing them: starvation, forced labor, surgical means, electro-shock conditioning, poison and whatever else we can think of. This is US vs. THEM!
  • rml_16
    Options

No, no. I'm not worried that being around fat people will make me fat. I used to be fat(ter) and I think I can resist being fat again. I'm worried that secondary fat people exposure is a bigger risk to my health than actually being fat. Like if I'm around fat people, just being around them while they're just sitting there being fat will increase my chances of becoming diabetic or cardiac problems, etc.
    Ah! Well, yes, we do need more studies.

I have heard fat cells will sneak into your body when you aren't looking. And also, they probably eat sugar and there are cancer tumors hiding in the bushes seeking to prey on sugar in people's blood. You can't take a chance.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

I suggest a quarantine until we can best determine how to keep their toxins from affecting the nation as a whole. Extermination may in fact be the simplest and only course of action available, but we should, of course, exhaust any and all possibilities before euthanizing them: starvation, forced labor, surgical means, electro-shock conditioning, poison and whatever else we can think of.

Seems like that could possibly raise our taxes...except starvation.
  • SwannySez
    Options

I don't agree. I think that once their assets are seized and liquidated and they are removed from health plans that this would be either revenue neutral or that we would see an opportunity for a lowering of taxes or that the average citizen would see more liquidity as a result of lowering of health care costs and the freeing up of health care services previously wasted on the fat. Plus, with their primary demographic unable to subsidize their costs, Walmart would be forced to cut their prices even more; perhaps simply giving away products as an incentive to new customers.
  • rml_16
    Options

I don't agree. I think that once their assets are seized and liquidated and they are removed from health plans that this would be either revenue neutral or that we would see an opportunity for a lowering of taxes or that the average citizen would see more liquidity as a result of lowering of health care costs and the freeing up of health care services previously wasted on the fat. Plus, with their primary demographic unable to subsidize their costs, Walmart would be forced to cut their prices even more; perhaps simply giving away products as an incentive to new customers.
    The problem is that we have to remove all their children from the homes because they will catch fat otherwise and the cost of caring for them ...
  • SwannySez
    Options
    The problem is that we have to remove all their children from the homes because they will catch fat otherwise and the cost of caring for them ...

I see no reason to break up a happy family. Vee put zem all into zee camp.