Hi anyone losing inches but not lbs?

Options
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me.I am losing inches every week but the scales have stayed the same for three weeks :(

It would be great to chat to someone in the same situation as me :)

Replies

• TheSkinnyChronicles
    Options
    The first time I went hardcore training, I started to lose inches.. quickly.
    It's a good thing! :) It will all come together; keep going!
  • 100andOnward
    100andOnward Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Happens to me ALL. THE. TIME. When I measured last week, I lost a full inch off my hips, 1.5 off my waist, and when I weighed in, it said I'd gained 4 pounds.

For cases like that, I go by measurements and write off the scale as a fluke. If the weight continues to stay at the higher weight, after 1 or 2 weigh ins, I'll start tracking again.
  • tcnabb
    Options
    Weight is just a number if you are losing inches that is GREAT that means you are transforming your body. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat and if you are doing lifting that is probably what is happening. Just keep up the work and effort and the end results will be AWESOME. I used to always stress over the number on the scale but have now focused on gaining lean body mass and if makes a huge difference. Make sure you are eating clean and keep moving. I am new to this mindset but it works for me.
    :smile:
  • irisheyes321
    irisheyes321 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys,

I was spending too much time worring about the scales.So its great to hear that its normall to lose inches and not lbs lol.
  • afrodizzia
    afrodizzia Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    THROW AWAY YOUR SCALE!!!
    Okay, maybe just stash it in the back of the cupboard for awhile. In the last 8 weeks I have lost a dress size (16 to 14 UK) but my scale has hardly moved. I'm glad I decided to track my measurements because If i was only relying on my scale I would have been discouraged and given up ages ago.
    I have spent decades yoyo dieting because I didn't understand the concept of weight vs body composition.
  • oremus1
    oremus1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've also lost a dress size but no weight
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll lose several inches before the scale moves, then sometimes the scale goes down but no inches.
  • WestLA35
    WestLA35 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a body fat measurer? Or do you just use measuring tape?
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    The scale hasn't moved. My clothes are fitting much better because I'm leaner from running. Although, I'm still 184 lbs. Weighing in Wednesday. We'll see.