Sept 17th, 2014 - You will not find My Peace

Options
Mine_Time
Mine_Time Posts: 588 Member
"You will not find My Peace by engaging in excessive planning: attempting to control what will happen to you in the future. That is a commonly practiced form of unbelief. When your mind spins with multiple plans, Peace may sometimes seem to be within your grasp; yet it always eludes you. Just when you think you have prepared for all possibilities, something unexpected pops up and throws things into confusion.

I did not design the human mind to figure out the future. That is beyond your capability. I crafted your mind for continual communication with Me. Bring Me all your needs, your hopes and fears commit everything into My care. Turn from the path of planning to the path of Peace.

1 Pet 5:6-7; Prov 16:9; Ps 37:5"

How can I relate this to my weight loss journey?

I know I plan every morning to get up and do this then go to the gym. I can't seem to get up and actually go to the gym. I am so tired in the mornings. I also know sometimes I do excessive planning: it is crazy sometimes how my mind works and it never turns out how I plan. I want peace while going through this process. I believe some peace is required just not going to crazy.

"Good Morning Father, you know how my day is going to go. Please help me make the right decisions. May I have your peace through out the day. I love you Father, In Jesus Name, Amen."

Replies

• Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Most days I do better in simply praying : " Lord, I know what I need to do. Most of the time I don't do it because my 'want to' isn't there. When I hit that wall, help me call out to You and ask You to give me the WANT TO. "

WHEN I pray that, His still, small voice gently prompts me to do the right thing.

Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure. Phil 2:12, 13
  • pamelanne1
    pamelanne1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It is helpful to see that this weight loss journey is a day to day thing. By saying today, I will do _______, it releases the stress of feeling like you have to do it every day or if you don't you failed. Each day is new and each day brings its own blessings of living a life to glorify God.
  • Mine_Time
    Mine_Time Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys you both have some very good points. :)