Welcome

Options
Harbs01
Harbs01 Posts: 12 Member
Hi,

Welcome to the Hairy Dieters group! A place to share our photos, recommendations, progress and anything else we wish to...

I will post some pictures later once I am home and have been able to work out how to do it....

Thanks,
Michelle

Replies

• cathymet
    cathymet Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I´m very pleased to be here. I came across you´re question because I was actually looking to see if there was a" Hairy Dieters "group.
  • cathymet
    Options
    Welcome Allthbeers and Meers. Look forward to getting to know you.
  • meesh109
    meesh109 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Thanks for creating this group. :flowerforyou:

I've only made a couple of the recipe's so far, but will defo be making more.

What are you favourite's?
  • Harbs01
    Options
    Hi, hopefully things will start picking up on here :)

My favorites are the currys, the chicken jalfrezi from book 1 is my favorite so far, and I am going to make the tikka masala from book 2 this weekend so I'll let you know how that goes.

I've got the beef stroganoff tonight which is quite high in cals as I used 2 sirloin steaks for 3 portions but in future I will use lean steaks to bring it down a bit.

How about you?
  • meesh109
    meesh109 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hey

I actually have a confession to make..... I don't have either of the books. :ohwell: I got a couple of recipes off the internet.

Which book is your favourite? Which book would you recommend that I buy first?
  • Tiggy60
    Tiggy60 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I have joined the group and hope we can help each other.
    I need to loss weight, as it is making me ill.
    My Doctor suggested hairy dieters way and I already was a member of MFP.
    I was fed up of expensive online webs sites, where I never really loss weight and didn't like the meals.

I started my diet last Monday and I have lost two pounds so far, real weight on Monday!! :happy:
    I have been really strict with myself, as I have to see my Doctor in 3 weeks.

I only have book 2 at present, so this week I have enjoyed: 5 min pizza, mince & veg pie (needs a little more flavour), baked fish with chorizo (bit hot but good), veggie bean burgers (needs the sauce as bit dry), liver & bacon with onion gravy (great!) & one pan lamb roast with gravy (excellent & easy).

I cannot eat poultry
    Any suggests for next week, especially for lunch?

:smile:
  • indianacj
    Options
    The chicken and ham tangle pie is a favourite in our house.
  • indianacj
    Options
    Also the haddock bake. Yum!
  • Harbs01
    Options
    Hi, I've been a bit quiet lately but as I type I have the beef in rich wine in the slow cooker, stroganoff on the hob and will be starting on the bolognese shortly! :)
  • cathymet
    Options
    Hello.
    Anyone still around ?

Meesh - Did you actually chose a book and get one. I have to say I don't know which I'd recommend.
    I love them both. In fact I've pre ordered the next one and I'm really looking forward to receiving it.