I got my surgery date!

Options
Today was my visit with the surgeon, all the needed tests are done, letters are in, nutrition classes completed and my date for my sleeve is November 12th! I am so excited and nervous at the same time as I am sure most are. I thank God for finding this forum as I read allot and it helps me so much! I have found the protein shake that I like (Premier) and will be ordering the supplements. I already take a 1 a day but need one with more B12. I have been picking up Crystal light pure and other dietary needs (that I can buy now) that were suggested in the pre and post op diet. Is there anything that I should consider purchasing that you found helpful and useful during those first few weeks? Any and all suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! This is the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Here is my advice....don't purchase anything special! You don't need a fancy blender you don't need crazy gear. My life today 1 year out is very "normal" I eat my protein first and fruits and veggies.

One thing that I will tell you is my tastes changes after surgery. I liked the chocolate and vanilla premier shakes...after EW YUCK!! I found a water based shake, Syntrax Nectar, and had to switch to that. You can also get samples out there on the web.

Feel free to friend me and I would be happy to answer questions. I am excited for you!
  • Living4me123
    Living4me123 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks Candacet36 thanks for the input, I will not stock up on protein shakes!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! This is the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Here is my advice....don't purchase anything special! You don't need a fancy blender you don't need crazy gear. My life today 1 year out is very "normal" I eat my protein first and fruits and veggies.

One thing that I will tell you is my tastes changes after surgery. I liked the chocolate and vanilla premier shakes...after EW YUCK!! I found a water based shake, Syntrax Nectar, and had to switch to that. You can also get samples out there on the web.

Feel free to friend me and I would be happy to answer questions. I am excited for you!
    So true, don't buy anything. You are so different after surgery. Except I do love my $20 digital food scale from Walmart. I use it multiple times a day.
  • noelboquet
    noelboquet Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats darling....I am a premier drinker post op 7 years its just easy and good...nice choice...you can make sf puddings with it use it to cream coffee or tea blend it with other stuff to change the flavor ( I love vanilla just for that reason).

Nothing special really needed...u might treat yourself to a really nice water mug but nope...nothing major.

as a long term post op I find my vitamix invaluable...worth the money but it was a treat to myself...

best wishes!
  • becskimo
    Options
    Hey. I just wanted to say congratulations on your surgery date! I don't have any suggestions about what is needed after because I am pre op too!
  • bellajr21
    bellajr21 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I got my date. 10/2. Two weeks away and I will be sleeved. I am so ready for this journey and I have already began my pre op diet. YAY!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I start my pre-op liquid diet tomorrow and have surgery Sept. 30th!

I have added protein supplements to my diet as part of the pre-surgey diet, and hope I will be able to continue to enjoy the flavors post surgery. My mother (who had RnY a few years ago) bought us a Vitamix as she said it helped her a lot to have that kind of blending power. I have a hard time comprehending a blender that expensive, but graciously accepted the gift.

Other than that, I'll be on seven days of four protein shakes per day and then surgery!

Feel free to friend me!

Rob