Milestone Celebration

Options
emmerin78
emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
I know we often post successes and challenges in our weekly challenge threads and some of our other discussions. However, I feel as though we can use a place to post and preserve our milestones as we continue on these journeys. Whether they're big or small, here's a space to mark the 10s or 100s of lbs you've lost, or even that .2 that's eluded you for months! We've got tough battles to face everyday, so take time to celebrate the wins where we get them :drinker:

Replies

• Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    My recent milestone was reaching 287 pounds, the amount I weighed on October 22, 2010, the day after a serious suicide attempt. The result was that I was placed into the "hole" at Mercy Behavioral Health. I proceeded to make the other two patients in the hole and staff a bit nervous as I walked back and forth in the area that was no bigger than a small living room. The attempt having not been completed meant to me that I needed something to focus my energy into, which turned out to be walking for exercise and choosing right foods on the menu. I was alive and needed to do the things you do when you're alive to continue staying that way. Anyways...In the hall was a large doctor's scale (sliding weight kind), and I checked my weight. I was down 70 lbs from where I started. On about day 6 I was placed on lithium which resulted in weight gain and further depression because it essentially destroyed my thyroid between October and February.

Seeing that 287 again after years of being a lab rat to get the right medication that will work and stay working. I have been battling my way through DMH programs and various hospital stays all involving putting me on meds that gain weight and them not thinking twice about the side effect because I had lost weight. Up and down, up and down. Fast forward from October 2010 to present day, almost four years later. I have finally reached that number again. It left me confused actually. I still don't really believe I have crossed that line.

I did it. I took years to get back to it, but I am back and not letting go!
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Maelyn, good for you! I cannot imagine the battles you've fought and continue to face, but you do so with strength and purpose and a beautiful spirit. I'm cheering for you!
  • leannabseven
    Options
    Tara, don't you have a milestone you'd like to share?? :)
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Amazing Maelyn I hope you keep up the wonderful job :)
  • emmerin78
    Options
    Maelyn, you are doing a great job! Keep on keepin' on! :smile:

And you caught me, Leanna :tongue: Yes, I officially made my first 100 lbs. lost this past week. It took longer than I would have liked, but it's the most weight I've ever lost (45 lbs. was my previous record); I'm confident that this time I will be able to make my goal and then maintain. I couldn't have achieved this milestone without the inspiration and support of all my fellow losers here. I look forward to seeing what the next year brings!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic Tara :)

I hope the next year brings you all the happiness you could want!
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Maelyn!

Congrats Tara! You've worked for it! :D
  • emmerin78
    Options
    Thanks, Holly and Pixy!! Still a long way to go, but feeling good about it :-)
  • leannabseven
    Options
    We need a big ol' thumbs up button! Good job, Tara. I cannot wait for the day I can post my 100 pound milestone. :)
  • emmerin78
    Options
    We need a big ol' thumbs up button! Good job, Tara. I cannot wait for the day I can post my 100 pound milestone. :)

You are well on your way, LeAnna! Every time you've hit a rough spot, you haven't quit but have kept getting yourself back on track. You are an inspiration! :)
  • leannabseven
    Options
    Thank you, Tara....that was such a nice thing to say. :)
  • leannabseven
    Options
    I've passed a milestone in a way....yesterday was 300 days of consistent logging since I rejoined MFP. 300 days and 68.5 pounds; I'm not burning down the house, but I'm happy with my progress and it feels great. :)
  • leannabseven
    Options
    With this new set up here on the boards, I'm not sure anyone will even see this, but here goes...
    I have hit the 70 pounds lost mark. This is a big deal for me...mentally and emotionally. I lost 70 pounds a few years ago and promptly freaked out and started regaining. I ended up nearly 10 pounds heavier than I began.
    This time I am in a better place mentally...and I'm aware of my past behaviors. But mostly I'm just more focused and dedicated. I'm in this for the long haul...forever.
    I'm not sitting the world on fire with my weight loss, but I'm trying to stay consistent....no race, no deadline, just me...plugging along day by day. :)
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous Leanna!!! I understand exactly. All your hard is paying off in spades.
    :smiley:
  • emmerin78
    Options
    With this new set up here on the boards, I'm not sure anyone will even see this, but here goes...
    I have hit the 70 pounds lost mark.

YAYYYYY!! Woot woot! :D You've done such a fantastic job, LeAnna - keep on keepin' on! :)
  • Etherlily1
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • energy820
    energy820 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm loving all these threads!
    Staying focused on the small milestones keeps me very motivated.
    I'm at 271 today, and I can't wait to get into the 260's...269 I'm looking at you.
    250 is my next semi-big milestone. But, when I get to 269, I'll keep my eye on 265, then 259, then 255, etc..
    Sometimes I just have to think of the next pound to keep me on track.

Anyway, I started at 329 on 11/1/14 and it's been great to celebrate the milestones along the way (under 300 was a big one).

I also have non-weight milestones. A dress I picked out by shopping my own closet that didn't fit...which now doesn't fit, but because it's too big. I had it in view every day. Time to pick out a new one.
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Welcome energy820! We have an awesome group here, it can sometimes be a bit quiet... But this group is full of amazing people!!! And we are glad to have you as a part of friendly little group ;) Sounds like you already have a great start on things!
  • Etherlily1
    Options
    I understand @energy820‌! My starting weight was 357. To get under 300 was huge. I'm hobbling along to the 260's myself! I'm in the 270's right now. :) I have a kind of geeky goal. I want to get small enough to fit into Star Trek: TOS Blue Science Officer's Dress. :)