New NSV

Options
Mangopickle
Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
I can bend over and touch the floor without bending my knees! Gonna try yoga next week. Love the circuit boxing, bought my own gloves. Spinning has been fun. I think the secret for me and exercise is constant variety and a group setting.

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    WOOOHOOOOOO!!! Yes, do yoga!!! I LOVE IT (I am quite addicted, I think). I do Bikram yoga 3-4 times per week-- the practice has really changed my life. I am SO much more grounded and also more in touch with my body and its needs. Also, the community where I practice is beautiful-- so supportive and positive. I have tried spinning-- and even with a gel seat cover, it is just too uncomfortable for me. In the past, I tried going for several weeks to allow my backside time to get used to the seat, but it was just terribly uncomfortable every time. But if you enjoy it, you go right ahead!! :)

Yay for you!!
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I know a lot of young people who can't do this. Circuit boxing will also give you another activity that can be beneficial to more than just your health and well-being. HUGE VICTORY!!!
  • claresta23
    claresta23 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm proud and happy for you! I have yet to really commit to exercising. I know I would be loosing faster and toning. I have to get it together! I really need a trainer or a work out buddy.
  • authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Ah HAHAH! You have officially entered the world of the thin people!
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    WTG Mangopickle: I think that is the key, variety and find something interesting to youself. Glad to hear it is all working out for you. :flowerforyou:
  • tonyadjackson1203
    Options
    I was sleeved on September 15. Any advice for this newbie?
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved on September 15. Any advice for this newbie?

The best advise I can give you is follow your program to the "T" You will get the best results that way. Read the forums and ask for help when needed. We are all on here for the same reason which is to get healthy. Good luck.
  • weeziebeth
    weeziebeth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a wonderful, cool NSV. I agree about variety and I think I will need an element of game...hoping I can get back into playing tennis.
  • hurricanelena
    hurricanelena Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Excellent :)

I've only been spinning once or twice but I bike almost every day. Padded bike shorts are the key to happiness :D