Prayers for comfort...

I learned this evening that my cousin (early 50s) passed away today. Please pray for his mum, his widow and his three children, along with his siblings and the wider family, as it was very sudden. We are a large family, but quite close. Please keep us in your prayers at this difficult time.

Replies

• SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    I will certainly be praying for you and all you mentioned. I am so very sorry for your loss.
  • WDA4655
    WDA4655 Posts: 91 Member
    So sorry my dear friend. I pray that God's comfort and peace envelope you and your whole family and friends. :cry: I lost my first husband...he was only 40 yrs. old. and we had to children age 13 & 16. That was back in Feb. of 1994.

I pray for what the enemy meant for your/family harm that God turns it for your/family's good.

The Lord gave me a few scriptures that got me turn that time that I'd like to share with you and your family.

Psalm 56:8b - He has put my tears in His bottle. Are they not in His book? (As I cried on my pillow at night and felt so alone. He see want you are going through and remembers.)

Psalm 4:8 - In peace I will both lie down and sleep, For You alone, O Lord, make me to dwell in safety. (As I felt the whole weight of our world now on my shoulders. He sustains us in each and every situation).

Isiaah 43:2 and 3a - When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you. For I am the Lord your God...
    (He is faithful and IS with you and your family now and will continue to be.)

I pray God's Word becomes alive in you and your family and that it will bring comfort and peace to you all.

Darlene
  • jmnicholas
    jmnicholas Posts: 58 Member
    Thank you so much. I think Christine (Luke's widow) and his mum are just still in shock. I will be writing to them both over the weekend, and will use some of those texts which have comforted me to hope they bring hope and peace to them too.

I don't know how their relationships with God stand, so am praying that they know his presence close by...
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Oh hun, I am so sorry to hear your heartbreaking news :(

I am praying for family unity, peace, healing and renewed strength. Whether believers or not, God draws near to the Brokenhearted and comforts those who mourn.

You've all had a terrible shock and I pray that you can all grieve together in remembrance of such a wonderful person who was taken too soon.

God bless you and your whole family, I will keep you in my prayers.

Kaela xx
  • SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Continuing in prayer......... :heart:
  • MA_B
    MA_B Posts: 156 Member
    Continuing to pray for you and your extended family. God has a very special duvet that he wraps around those who need his wrap around love at these difficult times. Feel it draped gently over your shoulders, and sink into it's softness. Bless you. Maryann
  • mhampton52
    mhampton52 Posts: 412 Member
    I will keep you and your family in prayer. So sorry for your lose.