Very Sad News

Options
Hello to my VSG community of very supportive friends. :smile:
I haven't been reading or posting on the site since my mom passed away on Tuesday.:sad:
Although she was quite sick with declining health and a very diminished quality of life, it came as quite a shock for the family that things took a sudden turn on Tuesday evening.
Along with dementia, osteoarthritis, normal pressure hydrocephalus and a narrowing heart valve she had contracted an infection which we tried desperately to get proper treatment for last week. She was receiving some treatment for it but it was not aggressive enough.
Anyway, I won't go into further detail about the turn in the last 6 hours of her life but the family is very relieved that she is out of her suffering.
You have all been such a huge support to me since I joined the community when I started this journey last winter and I wanted to let all of you know where I have been all week and that although I'm track to eat the little I am, I don't think I'll be back regularly on the forum till after the funeral next week.
I am still keeping my consult appointment with the surgeon on Sept. 30 but even if I am offered a December surgery date which I am now expecting because my consult has been delayed, I will ask for a January surgery date, especially if it gives me a better chance of getting the head surgeon who operated on me before for a laproscopic incisional hernia repair unrelated to weight loss surgery.
I was gonna wait till after the funeral last week but while tracking tonight I thought I would check in and let you all know why you haven't seen me in the forum the last few days.

I only had 1 day where I ate off-track through this so far. I gave into some of my sisters take out pizza (her weekly order or takeout since she moved in with me). The other days have all been under.

I hope that everyone is doing well. Thank you all again for being a family so to speak.
I really feel a strong connection to this forum and the members in it. We know that life never stops happening but that we are here to encourage, support and respect one another.

Wishing everyone a good weekend. :flowerforyou:

Bye for now.

Replies

• dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss
  • phwright8
    phwright8 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My aloha and prayers to you and your 'ohana!!!
    Stay strong and do what's right for you. We will be here when you're ready.

Malama pono,
    -Hau'oli
  • Aquafinaflo
    Aquafinaflo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your lost. I send my prayers to you and your family.
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    So very sorry. :flowerforyou:
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with your family. We're here when you need us.
  • VAR1693
    Options
    Very sorry!! Glad you checked in & have a plan for your long term goals!!! Now you have an extra special angel rooting you on from above!!! Take care!!
  • Living4me123
    Living4me123 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss...thoughts and prayers for you and your family <3
  • kittenincalgary
    kittenincalgary Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry to hear about your loss
  • becskimo
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your Mum. My thoughts are with you.
  • weeziebeth
    weeziebeth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. It doesn't matter how long someone has been sick or the severity or how prepared we think we are, losing someone close is painful. I pray you, your sister, and your family can lean on one another and take strength from each other in the days ahead. Laugh, cry, share memories, rejoice, and mourn....love one another.

Praying for you-for strength, peace, and hope.....E
  • Shoefly318
    Shoefly318 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm oh so sorry for your loss and so glad you were able to take a few minutes to let us know what's going on. I can empathize with you and your post brought tears to my eyes. Hoping you get through this emotional time and have all the support you require. Consider this a huge hug from me. Also, condolences to your family.
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. (((Hugs)))
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am so very sorry for your loss. I remember feeling the same as I lost my Mom almost 4 yrs ago (9/26) I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. No matter how "prepared" we think we maybe, seems when it happens....there is no feeling of being prepared, God bless you all in this time.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I am so very sorry for your loss. We are all here for you.
  • Cathiesunday
    Cathiesunday Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My sympathy goes out to you.
  • homerismyhero
    homerismyhero Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry. Take care of yourself.
  • lucyw70
    lucyw70 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about the passing of your mother. I lost my mom 7 years ago unexpectedly and I understand how the loss of a loved one can have a deep impact on you and your family. I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers during this tough time.
  • MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thought, hugs and prayers during your time of sorrow. Sorry for your loss.
  • Liongoddess
    Liongoddess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Pleats know that you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.