Where is Everyone?

Options
janet41283
janet41283 Posts: 217 Member
Happy Monday, to all. It is getting very quiet here! I miss the chit chat. Doing fine on my diet. Really motivated these days. I'm thrilled with that. Had a great weekend. Caught up with my old pal and we loved every moment. Just checking in. Hope everyone is ok!

Replies

• djcangel
    djcangel Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I am taking the weekend off. Just having a good time. :ohwell:
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I had a busy weekend. My step daughter was here and I played a concert on Saturday night. I've been spending a lot of time in the kitchen trying very hard not to waste any of the wonderful fresh produce this time of year. Yesterday I made a huge vegetable casserole with tomatoes, eggplant and zucchini layered with onions, garlic, herbs and a little Parmesan. It's delicious and seasonal. No cooking today. Instead I played (and walked) 18 holes of golf. According to my Fitbit that's about 13000 steps, 5.5 miles, 20 flights of stairs. The Fitbit doesn't measure strokes...lol. We got through about a half hour before the rain started.
    Jan, it's good you enjoyed a visit with a friend and fabulous that you are feeling motivated. Dj, nothing wrong with taking some time off, but you're back, right?
    Tomorrow and Wednesday some of my fall activities start and hoping to get another game of golf in some time this week.
    Everyone, have a great week!
  • thin4me59
    Options
    Hi all,
    Jan I was wondering the same thing. My news post doesn't show any posts from anyone for a couple of days. (Wonder if I have a problem with my page?)
    I have been a bit lax as I too was preserving our garden produce over the weekend, went to a granddaughter's swim meet and then went apple picking. I usually can't log in until evening as work is very busy. Seem to be doing ok with the diet and exercise plan. Weekends and evenings are still very tough for me though.
    Hope everyone's week is starting out really well and ends up terrific! :happy: Darlene
  • janet41283
    Options
    Morning Check In! Rainy and gloomy morning here in NJ. I have been pretty busy with work, etc. which is a good thing for me. Everyone else seems to be busy, as well! All those garden veggies! YUM. I have been buying loads of fresh veggies from local growers. They have a section in the supermarket with local stuff. I enjoy it so much. We were thinking of going apple picking this weekend. Lots of places nearby. They are so much fun! I love making my own applesauce. It freezes really well and lasts me all winter. Hope you all have a happy and healthy day!
  • marsellient
    Options
    Apples...that's on my list, too! We freeze them as well and I agree about the applesauce being great to have all winter. We have a peeler and use it to make sliced apples for the freezer, but when we first had it we noticed that the peels and cores had a lot of good fruit left on them, so we wash the apples, peel and core them, freeze the apple slices, and make applesauce from the peels and cores. After it's cooked down, it goes through the food mill to take out the waste. It is SO good, and a nice colour. A happy accident!
    I'm thinking I should reorganize the freezer today to get ready for the new crop!
    Have a great day, everyone.
  • dyanaah
    dyanaah Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have really fallen off the wagon since I was last in here. A lot of changes in my life that forced me to retire this last spring .... but I'm not one to sit around starring at the walls. So I'm painting again and selling my artwork and loving it. That's a big encouragement to me to find again this passion. Although it doesn't lend itself to much movement so I have to remind myself to get up and get some exercise. Gained about 8 pounds since I posted last. But I'll get it if off, I know. Look forward to connecting up again with everyone and starting some NEW BEGINNINGS <3
  • djcangel
    Options
    Hi Dyanaah, welcome to one of the few, honest friendship groups here, we are about caring and sharing.
  • marsellient
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    Friday night and I'm relaxing and about to dig into a book. I just put the fireplace on, too. It's cold tonight, but supposed to be warm again tomorrow. I had a nice afternoon on the golf course. Lots of walking, even though we used a cart....too many hills and too far from greens to the next tees to walk this particular course, but very pretty and we won't discuss my score...lol. Good fun.
    I hope everyone has a restful and healthy weekend.
  • janet41283
    Options
    Hi everyone! Dyannaah, wow do I envy you. I am not artistically inclined at all!! DJ, how's it going??? Hope you are well. Marsellient, the cooler weather makes a fireplace so wonderful! It is cooler here now, and driving around I smell the fireplaces from people's homes. Just love that.
    Busy around here. Went into NYC last night for a show at a music hall. This is a friend of my son and his band and they are really wonderful. Had a great time, but it was a late one. Got home at 3. Not used to that at all!! Now I am getting ready for the holidays. It is Jewish New Year this week and I have a ton of cooking and baking. Lovely holiday, but a lot of temptation.
    Have a great weekend everyone! Love reading all the posts.
  • lkw0311
    lkw0311 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi there all,
    Hi Jangar ,
    I'm originally from NJ also, and getting ready for Holidays.
    Would love some more motivation and support.
    My daughter is getting married next month - I've been doing well, but hitting a plateau after doing a 3 day cleanse.
    Any ideas?

Thanks
  • djcangel
    Options
    Welcome Ikw0311, please tell us a little about yourself. We are a small but personal group, and we encourage posts, challenges, updates, and checking in often.
  • janet41283
    Options
    Hi lkw! I hear about the "cleanse" but don't know anything about it. I've wondered what it is all about.
    Does anyone have a specific challenge for the week?
  • thin4me59
    Options
    Hi DJ, Jan, Marsellient and welcome Dyannah and lkow0311!
    This is a great group. We are small, but seem to understand each other and are very encouraging and supportive.

Fall is definitely here in NY. some areas had frost Thursday morning.
    This weekend is getting the home rearranged for a 2 week visit from my parents. Dad has a hard time with steps so we are making the office (off the bathroom) into a bedroom. Moving out some furniture and moving in a bed etc. We are also planning a surprise 80th birthday party for him. It will be stressful, but I am thrilled they can still travel from Florida for a visit.

Finished pulling most of the produce from the garden this week, so when I get tired of rearranging the house I will work on that. Hubby and I put up 14 quarts of vegetable soup last night. I still have herbs in the garden that need drying, but they can wait a little while.

I love this time of year! The colors are becoming beautiful and walking outside is great!

Hope you all have a wonderful rest of the weekend!