In need of some new friends and support. :)

Options
Hello,

I am a single mom of a wonderful 14 year old daughter. She just started high school... which is crazy!!
I have just started this mission to lose the weight i have spent my adult life packing on, and am looking for some MFP friends. :) Please send me a request. :) Looking forward to your friendships. :)

Thanks!! Ruthie

Replies

• alison2earth
    Options
    Hello Ruthie,

I recently joined MFP as well and would like to make some friends too. My daughter just started middle school, I can't imagine high school yet! It is crazy! Anyhow, it looks like you've already had great success according to your tracker... You must be doing some very right so far! My weight has yo-yo'd for the last decade, but I've spent most of it with the weight on. I'm ready for that to be over for good. Good luck!

Best,
    Alison
  • Hello ladies!

Nice to meet you. I joined MFP over a month ago and then got kind of lazy and stopped recording things for a while. My little ones are 21 months, 7&8. Through my pregnancies, I went from around 120/130 up to 200. Years ago, weight fell off me with almost no effort at all but now that I'm in my 30's, I'm finding it extremely difficult! I'm sitting at 172 right now and have not been able to lose anything. I recently bought a treadmill and fitness gazelle so I'm hoping these things help get me back on track! What sorts of exercise do you find work for you? Congratulations to you both on the weight loss! Ruthie - 31 pounds - wow!! Amazing work. :)

Cheers,
    Jessica
  • ruthierama
    ruthierama Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jessica... i appreciate your kind words. ♡♡ it easier to get bigger numbers when you have more to lose. I look forward to mutual support. ♡♡
  • Janet72285
    Janet72285 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi girls!

Im a mom of a 9 yr old lil man. He will be 10 in December. Wow time flies.
    Ive reached my goal twice post pregnancy. Both times were before finding mfp.
    Im on my third and heaviest round of weight loss and determined to not regain once im there.
    I would love to have you as friends and be there to support you as well. :flowerforyou:
  • Zee_Stevens
    Options
    Hello ladies,
    I have been on MFP for a while, but I have not been active. I have been struggling with living a healthy lifestyle for about 2 years now and I am also looking for some supportive friends to help me through this journey. I have to little girls, one is 6 and the other is almost 2. I will be adding you ladies and following your journeys :smile:

Zena
  • nikkih4bk
    Options
    Hi. I'm a mum to 3 girls - 12,8 and 2. And to a handsome little man who is 13wks old. I signed up years ago but never did anything. I am now on day two and looking forward to losing the weight I've been carrying for 6yrs.
  • holly00722
    holly00722 Posts: 66 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hello All!

I'm a 31yr old single mom of a 8yr old boy. After I had my son I lost most of my weight but recently I've just been gaining and gaining. I'm 5'3 and i weigh 175lbs. I've become so depressed over this and finally put my foot down to make the choice to take better care of myself. I always would start to eat right and then would go back into my bad eating habits. I'm hoping to lose at least 40lbs. This is only day one for me but I'm looking forward to getting my body back. I'm looking to get support and give support as well! Best of Luck, Holly
  • Surfingbodi
    Surfingbodi Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I am the mother of a 14 year old girl and a 17 year old boy/man. I am 49 and my weight for me is just out of control. I am very active and eat really well but it seems to be more complicated due to age, menopause, and Hashimotos (under active thyroid). I have gained about 20 lb in 18 months and was already carrying an extra 7 which I was not all that concerned about. Now I am as my weight continues to climb and I have had to get new clothes including underwear (never had to do that before)!

Anyway I have always been a 2200 cal or more a day type girl and because I am so active that was ok but not anymore and between the weight gain and trying to not take in as much in calories I just find I am self conscious and tired so a double whammy in trying to lose weight and stay in shape.

Please friend me if you want to touch base on a regular basis for support over the next 4 weeks and onward. I just am not able to do this alone anymore.

Cheers,
    Gari
  • vjack09
    Options
    I need friends too to help me stay on track. I'm going through a divorce and I desperately need to lose this weight to help me with all this stress. I also have a 13 year old and 5 year old.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, it sounds like we could all support each other. I am going to start a new discussion on this group called Mom's Supporting Each Other maybe we could all talk there regularly and share our daily ups and downs.
  • pinupkatrina
    pinupkatrina Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all! New to the group! I'm tying to lose the baby weight from little number two (5 weeks old!). I'm mostly focusing on eating healthy and walking for now and will ramp up into full workouts in a few months but I'm looking for friends and support so I'm sending out requests!
  • pamperedgirl83
    Options
    Good morning ladies. I have been on mfp for quite a while but have not been active. I am the mommy of a 18 month old very active boy. I was able to lose the baby weight plus another 15 lbs. without effort right after I gave birth. But now the weight is coming back. I swore I would never go back into the 200's and I weighed in this morning at 203.2 :o .I cant wait to give and receive support here....We can do it!
  • pamperedgirl83
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • mainesm
    mainesm Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as a friend!!! My name is Michelle and my son will be 2 in January! I've always been heavy... 160 in HS, 216 when I got engaged, 180 for my wedding, around 205 when I got pregnant, 270 by the time he was born, and now sitting around 208. My first big goal is to get back into ONEderland!!! Trying to take it 5lbs at a time. Right now I have 3lbs to go until I can set my next goal of 5lbs. I wake up around 4:30AM to get my son to daycare by 5:30 AM to get to work by 6:45AM/7:00AM. I usually am home around 4:30PMish... Now that the time has changed it gets dark by 5:30PM. Can't really afford a gym right now and my son usually does not let me workout indoors. Trying to break him of that or get my hubby to help out, but instead I usually just use it as an excuse not to workout. :neutral_face: Really looking for new MFPs to help me stay on track!!!! =) Thanks!!!!
  • snaps27
    Options
    All you gals, feel free to add me as a friend. I've had quite a few experiences going up and down with my pregnancies. In high school I was always around 190. When I started with MFP I was 185 now I'm at 167. My kids keep me so busy and It's tough to juggle everything! But with a bit of support from each other I think It's possible. I had my last baby in Feb 2013 and I have been stuck until just recently when I started to take control again. Actually I should really say that I've been stuck for the past 14 years :o .
  • Phillips_Stacy
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend too! I am a mother of a wonderful 10 year old, and feel like I need some support from a group of awesome ladies. I've lost 150 pounds, but in the last 2 months or so have begun to let things slip and slide and have gained back about 20 of it. I'm here for accountability. Today is day 1 of me moving forward into health again. I will NOT give up what I worked so hard to create!
  • snaps27
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend too! I am a mother of a wonderful 10 year old, and feel like I need some support from a group of awesome ladies. I've lost 150 pounds, but in the last 2 months or so have begun to let things slip and slide and have gained back about 20 of it. I'm here for accountability. Today is day 1 of me moving forward into health again. I will NOT give up what I worked so hard to create!

Great success and an inspiration! My oldest boy will be ten this December. I think with support we can all reach our goals...I started on MFP over a year ago, but it wasn't until I started posting that I have recently lost 10 pounds. Accountability really does help.
  • lauramegan28
    lauramegan28 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I am new to MFP don't know exactly how everything works quite yet but getting there. I have a 3 yr old and 7 yrd old. I recently 2 weeks ago quit smoking (using chantix still on it) cut all soda out of my life (all beverages actually) only drink water I go through about 6 16 oz bottles of water a day. I have also cut back on calories around 1200 per day. I walk with friends at work for 30 min at lunch and try and squeeze in a workout at home at least twice a week. I am getting discouraged because I don't feel any different just extremely tired :( Any suggestions? Maybe my body is just in shock and in a couple more weeks I will see some kind of result even if its tiny I would see it as a success. I want to lose at least 30lbs. I am 28 5'7 and weigh 190 lbs :( I am hoping to lose more than the 30 lbs but that is my goal for now.
  • snaps27
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I am new to MFP don't know exactly how everything works quite yet but getting there. I have a 3 yr old and 7 yrd old. I recently 2 weeks ago quit smoking (using chantix still on it) cut all soda out of my life (all beverages actually) only drink water I go through about 6 16 oz bottles of water a day. I have also cut back on calories around 1200 per day. I walk with friends at work for 30 min at lunch and try and squeeze in a workout at home at least twice a week. I am getting discouraged because I don't feel any different just extremely tired :( Any suggestions? Maybe my body is just in shock and in a couple more weeks I will see some kind of result even if its tiny I would see it as a success. I want to lose at least 30lbs. I am 28 5'7 and weigh 190 lbs :( I am hoping to lose more than the 30 lbs but that is my goal for now.

Have You ever heard of 5:2?? Its where you eat 500 cals 2 days a week (a fast) and a maintenance amount of calories the other days. So like for me...I eat 500 calories on Mondays and Wednesdays and the other days I keep my calories to 1800 (actually its been more, but I still am loosing :D ) I started MFP almost 2 years ago at 182 lbs and pretty much maintained that up until August this year (trying to reduce daily calories to 1200-1400 a day), then I started the 5:2 and am currently down to 164 lbs.
  • sgreen0307
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I've been using the MFP app for a few weeks and so far lost almost 6 lbs. I love seeing my calorie intake and burned (I sync with my fitbit flex). I am sadly friendless and would really like some other moms to help keep me motivated and to help motivate. I figured this would be the best group to find that support! It will especially be needed during the next few months and all the holiday celebrations! Would be even more awesome if I could connect with some moms in my area (Northern Virginia) as I'm pretty new to the area and lonely for adult interaction! :smile:

Looking forward to the support and friendship!
    Shana