looking for motivating mfp friends!

Options
malkayd
malkayd Posts: 1 Member
Hello! I'm a first time mommy. My LO is 6 months old. We are breastfeeding and I'm having such a hard time losing weight bc I feel like I'm hungry around the clock! I am looking for motivating friends who are also in the same boat (but perhaps a little more successful at dieting than myself) to add me! My diary is open to friends and I'm hoping that others will allow me to also see theirs so we can share ideas and I can try different foods or recipes!

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a 4 month old, and also a 3 year old and 5 year old.

I was careful diet wise in pregnancy and exercised until 38 weeks but still find myself with a lot of weight to lose :sad:

Unfortunately I'm not breastfeeding now as it didn't work out...she lost too much weight. The same thing happened with my other children.

I've been back at the gym since 6 weeks, and been logging since 3 weeks. It can be hard sometimes as my baby wakes in the night still, then my 3 year old is usually up around 6, and I have a school run to do for my 5 year old. My husband works shifts- one week of earlies then one week of lates - so I'm either on my own from 5am, or until 10pm. Eating is harder on a lates week as it can be stressful! Plus it means I have to be organised and get to the gym in the morning before hubby goes to work.

Luckily we get a year for maternity leave in England so I don't have work to worry about yet.
  • one3six
    one3six Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Agh! I so feel you DawnieB!!! I have a 3-year-old and a 3-MONTH-old and though I did a great job throughout both pregnancies exercising and staying in shape, I feel like I have more hanging around after this second pregnancy and it's just not really budging. Plus, I am soooo tired! Sugar just looks better and better... Getting to the gym had been very difficult because I couldn't take my newborn to the gym daycare before he was 3 months. And while I've enjoyed the forced rest, now that he IS 3 months- it's STILL hard because I'm also breastfeeding and my whole life is just on a timer, you know? :) Would love to friend you both and share support, if you're interested! I'm a former MFP member and haven't tracked in ages. Looking forward to jumping in full-steam...
  • vida79
    Options
    My baby is 2 months old. I'm breastfeeding, but I'm having a hard time losing any weight. I've only lost 15 pounds since baby was born. I also have a 4 and 2 year old. I'm looking for motivation and support on mfp. Please add me!