Clothes shopping yesterday!!

Thaeda
Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
I desperately needed some clothes that fit. I went out and was able to shop in the REGULAR section of the store-- not a SINGLE ITEM was plus sized!! It was SO exhilerating (and honestly, a little overwhelming-- SO many options!). Anyway, I just wanted to post something about it here. YAY!

Replies

• asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Excellent, I am so excited for you. :drinker: That must have been such a wonderful feeling!!!!
  • weeziebeth
    weeziebeth Posts: 168 Member
    How exciting! And overwhelming...having NEVER shopped outside the generously proportioned department/stores I can't even think how I would handle so many choices. Hope you came away with some super cute scores!
  • I also went shopping on Saturday! I shopped in a normal department store, it was still in the plus size section! However it was barely plus size and I was able to buy more because it was so much cheaper than the plus size only stores!!!!

Great job!!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    That's so awesome! Didn't it feel great??? When I shop in the regular section, I sometimes feel like people are looking at me wondering why I am not in the plus sizes! I lived in those stores/sections for so long, sometimes my head still thinks I should be there!
  • Rief3
    Rief3 Posts: 420 Member
    awesome feeling! It is wonderful to hear of others who get to experience the feeling, so happy for you!
    I am with garber6th, I still feel like I belong in the plus sizes, one time I went into a new store and the sales lady ask me if I was shopping for someone else, that this store was for 14 and up!!! I just looked at her dumb founded and my youngest said " I told you mother"...after the shock wore off, I wanted to huge her! but I had already left the store.
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Great news! I work from home and usually in my workout clothes so there are no excuses to work out in the evening. I had to go into the office last Thursday, so I put on my dress slacks and they literally fell off. I had time to get to the store and get something to wear and I was surprised at what size I was able to get! I cried when I got into a smaller size, I think the clerk thought I was nuts! They were happy tears and I explained to her that I had lost a lot of weight and was happy to be in a much smaller size.!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Isn't that the best feeling! I was so happy when I could shop in the "regular" stores. No more Lane Bryant or Catherine's!! Yes at size 18, some of the stores still call this "plus size" but then their plus sizes start at 14 for pity sakes! Congratulations! You are doing wonderful!!

Pat
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Thanks everyone!! It was wonderful. :)