alone again tonight

Options
Ump78
Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
Another weekend. Another Saturday spent watching television. Anyone else?

Replies

• sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Yup... but I hurt my back at the gym today so I do not feel bad about it. ????
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Sorry to heat about your injury. Take care of it. Hope it heals quickly.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Thanks! ???? hope you're not too bored.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I was right there with ya....but actually enjoyed the solitude as my female roommate has been at the beach for a few days. She is cool and I missed her/was bored the first day but then....ahhhhhhh..... :smile:

ETA: Then I fell asleep on the couch at 7PM and missed texts from friends asking me to come and hang out :laugh: c'est la vie. but it's okay I get up for work very early and I work weekends so....I get my fun times in during the week.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Nope, I had a dinner party for 10. Had a great time! :drinker: Not looking forward to clearing up tho! :noway:
  • laurenz2501
    Options
    Nope, I had a dinner party for 10. Had a great time! :drinker: Not looking forward to clearing up tho! :noway:

Nice! What was on the menu?
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

I cooked prawn crackers with peanut and chilli dips to start. Followed by crispy aromatic duck>

My friends cooked dessert - key lime pie and chocolate mouse tart. With cream :heart:

Other friends brought a cheese board to finish off.

And lots and lots and lots of wine! :drinker: :drinker:
  • laurenz2501
    Options

I cooked prawn crackers with peanut and chilli dips to started. Followed by crispy aromatic duck>

My friends cooked dessert - key lime pie and chocolate mouse tart. With cream :heart:

That sounds amazing!!!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

I cooked prawn crackers with peanut and chilli dips to start. Followed by crispy aromatic duck>

I don't know why but that is how I imagine an english dinner party.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Another weekend. Another Saturday spent watching television. Anyone else?

Same story but I was camping... alone. :-(
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    *sigh* single .. and alone. lol

Hi! I'm Jennifer and I am perpetually single.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    You all know that you won't find someone sitting at home by yourself right? Go out and do things you enjoy. You don't have to have a boy/girlfriend to do that.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    My date skipped out on me so.....

I was at home running around the house naked as a jay bird with a glass of wine, celebrating my first whole weekend off since March of this year.

Ok so I will not confirm nor deny that I did the above (for those with weak minds) but I did enjoy the hell out of my weekend. I got some much needed pampering in, facial and pedi, then I did some much needed family picture shopping, trying to find salmon colored accessories. Cooked a decent meal, then ate out for a not so decent meal. And watched some Pioneer Woman!!! - it's a cooking show.

Yes I would have loved going to the races (where most of my friends were) to potentially meet some guys, but...I did not feel like drinking, and then driving 30 miles home in the dark.

EH... I'll be sad and lonely some other time - God knows I have plenty of those moments.

Celebrate the good ones!
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Hey Jen!!! How's things? :flowerforyou:
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    We pretty much all live the same life. We're sad individuals haha.
  • Jennifer10723
    Options

Hi Anna!!!! *waves* I am good! Really good! Getting my life all situated and finally ready to work on ME! lol How are you???
  • Jennifer10723
    Options
    You all know that you won't find someone sitting at home by yourself right? Go out and do things you enjoy. You don't have to have a boy/girlfriend to do that.

Please, do not insert logic into this. lolol :laugh:
  • BringingSherriBack
    Options
    Home watching tv with my 10 year old. Haha! So exciting. But seriously after a recent breakup, I'm not really in a big hurry to get back out there right now. Working on me and just enjoying some downtime while contemplating life.

Sucks though as most of my friends are married or in committed relationships at this point in life and living in a rural area there just aren't many events for single people to go meet up or anything like that so it usally ends up being either me with my married/taken friends and their SOs or me and my one or two single friends getting together. Nothing much exciting to do around here anyway as the bar scene is always pretty much the same and I'm not sure where else to go to meet people. Church is out as it's the same people that have been there since the beginning of time. :laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Hi Anna!!!! *waves* I am good! Really good! Getting my life all situated and finally ready to work on ME! lol How are you???

I'm alright darlin. Perpetually single too!! Last one told me he loved me and then disappeared without a trace!! :laugh: :laugh: I'm in the process of moving house, so hoping that's a positive move or .....something! :bigsmile:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    Home watching tv with my 10 year old. Haha! So exciting. But seriously after a recent breakup, I'm not really in a big hurry to get back out there right now. Working on me and just enjoying some downtime while contemplating life.

Sucks though as most of my friends are married or in committed relationships at this point in life and living in a rural area there just aren't many events for single people to go meet up or anything like that so it usally ends up being either me with my married/taken friends and their SOs or me and my one or two single friends getting together. Nothing much exciting to do around here anyway as the bar scene is always pretty much the same and I'm not sure where else to go to meet people. Church is out as it's the same people that have been there since the beginning of time. :laugh:

Awwww, sorry about the break up. You were together for some time, wasn't you? :flowerforyou: