When can I have protein bars?

Options
Hi everyone,

I am about 3 and a half weeks post op. I am having a really hard time getting my protein in as my new sleeve is not a fan of protein shakes. I have been doing the isopure drinks but I only like one flavor and its getting really old lol I wanted to see when every one started introducing protein bars into their diet? I will transition to the soft food stage on the 25th and be on it for two weeks.

Thanks!

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am about 3 and a half weeks post op. I am having a really hard time getting my protein in as my new sleeve is not a fan of protein shakes. I have been doing the isopure drinks but I only like one flavor and its getting really old lol I wanted to see when every one started introducing protein bars into their diet? I will transition to the soft food stage on the 25th and be on it for two weeks.

Thanks!
    Do you live near a kroger? The kroger Carbmaster milk has 11 g of protein per cup and counts as water. Ricotta cheese mixed with tuna is a favorite of mine, kidney beans blended with fat free sour cream, egg salad, tofu, greek yogurt. Lox These are all way easier to get down compared to a protein bar. Of course they have half the protein per volume. I was right where you are now when I started nibbling on quest and pure protein bars
  • foxymitchell
    foxymitchell Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I probably started eating them at 5 weeks post-op. Never really could find a good protein shake I liked. I am actually still looking!! lol. But since then I have been eating the bars. Quest and pure protein. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like!! Good luck.
  • actg95
    actg95 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The only "good" protein shakes I have found are buying they Body Fortress Chocolate powder and mixing one scoop it with 12 oz of milk. 38 grams of protein and it reminds me of chocolate milk. My two girls beg me to make them one all the time, so you know they are good. (Girls are 4 and 7.)

I was at 6 weeks before allowing any bars and I couldn't eat it all at once. It felt kind of heavy in my stomach. Now I eat them all the time, but the shake was much better at first!
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Still a bit early for the bars. I found that clear ISOPURE protein drinks are great for upping your protein. Drinks tast like Jolly Ranchers and deliver 40g protein in 20 fluid oz. I lived on these for teh first 4 months.

When you do get up to bars try the Quest bars first.