New to the group! And not entirely sure what I'm doing!

Options
klw2685
klw2685 Posts: 4 Member
In the past couple years I have miserably failed at numerous and all attempts at weight loss diets and motivating myself to exercise. This is why I am currently scheduled for gastric sleeve surgey October 13, 2014, and I'm scared to death!

I am making this profile, blog, and joining support groups in an attempt to find people that can relate. Currently, I just feel like no one in my life really understand my particular struggles and upcoming lifestyle changes.

Replies

• pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll find lots of support here from 'old vets' and others who are pre-op like yourself.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Hopefully you have had a good pre-op experience and you are ready to jump into the new lifestyle. I have my surgery September 30th and start my one week liquid diet tomorrow.

What I have suggested for newcomers is to read through a few pages of topics in this and the other WLS groups, find some people that you like what they contribute tot he group, and add a group of friends with surgery dates at all parts of the process. You then get to see what folks are eating, succeeding at, struggling with, etc.

I look forward to seeing your progress as we go through similar timed surgeries!

Rob
  • benagek
    benagek Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I go in for my surgery on Friday and so I know exactly how you feel. Feel free to add me as a friend. There are also many great people in this group who have been a support to me already, so read up and know this is a good place to be. Good luck. I look forward to getting to know you better through this experience.
  • foxymitchell
    foxymitchell Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    HI, I am almost 11 weeks post op. Feel friend to friend me if you like for support and you can view my food diary!
  • mmills1949
    Options
    Hi I know just what you are feeling... I am scheduled tentatively for November or December for mine.. I am fine one minute and scared the next. I would love to have someone to talk with about it and I would be there for you to vent to anytime you need to... I have been reading everything I can to get ready for the surgery.. If there is something you would like to know in particular, just let me know and I will do my best to get you the answer... :))
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Pat and had my surgery 3 years ago. My highest weight was 386, current weight is 222 and still going down. Feel free to add me as a friend. This is great tool, but it's just that, a tool. Use it and you will lose your weight. Keep using it and you will keep the weight off. But the truth is, if you go back to old eating habits and no exercise, the weight will come back. This is no magic bullet. As Rob said, this is a lifelong, lifestyle change. And even though I'm not to goal yet, this is the best thing I have ever done for myself.

This is a great place for support and advice. There are a lot of really dedicated people here who know just what you have been through and what you are going through. Best of luck with it all.
  • klw2685
    klw2685 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I attempted to add you all as friends! I'm still getting use to the site, and actually just realized people replied to me lol! The big surgery day is Monday! I'm getting nervous! And I'm really craving a slice of veggie pizza, and wondering if I will ever eat it again! Lol, that sounds crazy I know, but it is really on my mind... this liquid diet is making me nuts!
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Well - it's October 28, how are you doing?
  • benagek
    benagek Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thinking about you! Hope all is going well!
  • ChaCha575
    ChaCha575 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. How are you since the surgery? I am 11 weeks post op so you if have any questions or concerns feel free to reach out and I would be happy to help. This is a great group of supporters. As many have helped me with questions and concerns that I had and still have.