Dyeing Hair Back to Blonde

Options
Hi all,
I am currently 30 weeks into my pregnancy and I am soooo over my hair! I really want to go back to my light blonde hair and I have read all the arguments on Google for both sides of the yeses and the nos.
HAs anyone on here dyed their hair back to light blonde or bleached hair while pregnant?
I really want current real world advice not advice I see on the internet from years ago.
Thanks!

Replies

• sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I'm a researcher professionally and this was one of the first questions I looked up when I found out I was pregnant. Absolutely no medical reason not to dye your hair. I have continued to bleach through pregnancy.
  • jellybeans37
    jellybeans37 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am on my 5th and have colored my hair blonde throughout all my pregnancies. NOT ONE PROBLEM!
  • Mulligan1317
    Mulligan1317 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    As long as the dye does not contain formaldehyde (and most dont anymore) you should be fine. Just talk to your stylist and (s)he should be able to accomodate.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I dyed my hair through all four pregnancies. kids are fine.
  • sunflower92630
    sunflower92630 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    So I went ahead and dyed my hair back to light blonde and I finally feel the most like myself that I have since being pregnant! I'm so glad i did i just feel renewed and happier when I look in the mirror and see myself again!
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm glad someone else has posted this! I have been battling this for awhile! I am looking like a hot frumpy mess, my roots are so bad I'm rocking the ghetto ombre! I dyed my hair in my first trimester with blonde highlights, and when I came into work one of my coworkers had to say something very rude about my child coming out with deformities because of me. Obviously with no research or anything but it just made me really upset and scared. Well my husband has been gone since the first trimester (for work!) and I will finally be moving in with him again next month.....I think I'll go ahead and get it dyed one last time before baby is born. It's bad enough I'm getting fat I don't want to look like a slob all over :laugh:
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I've never dyed my hair, but I did get my highlights retouched several times in my first pregnancy. He's perfectly fine. I plan to do it during this pregnancy too. Actually I need to make an appointment. Thanks for reminding me :)
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    My hairdresser told me it wont cause any problems but sometimes the dye doesnt take as well when pregnant. I dyed mine and was ok though