Day 3: Thursday, 9/25/14

Options
For spreadsheet procrastinators please fill in both your weigh in for 9/23/14 and your short term goal. The deadline to do so is 10/01/14 (a day before 1st weigh in).

I had second straight day of staying within my calories goal and walked a total of 60 minutes. For Day 3 my goal is to do 60 minutes of walk in the evening and stay under my calories limit.

Things are getting even more interesting. I get motivated when I see other members succeeding. The best thing here is that we all are doing in our own ways and at our own pace.

Keep pacing.

Replies

• determinedladybug
    Options
    So I admit to being on MFP a lot. I learn so much from everyone. Because of MFP, today I adjusted my goal settings to match the goals I put on the challenge. I am aiming for a lb a week for the challenge. I appreciate everyone on MFP and hope to learn from and support everyone in the group. Good luck with day 3.
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I think it's a good idea to set a deadline on the first weigh in to reduce clutter and incentivise consistency.

I too find myself gaining motivation from others, and checking in during the day vs. just at night!

Day 2 I ended up taking my bike ride. Kept it to a level 9 and went an hour...17.9 miles total. Also had a home-cooked meal for dinner, even if it was leftovers. My day went later than expected.

Day 3 my goals include maintaining control during a planned respite event my agency having for the kids at Dave and Buster's. They're offering buffet style dining for the kiddos with treats like mini pretzel dogs and cheeseburger sliders. I also would like to keep my stress level down as I have a visit right on the edge of NYC and will be spending a lot of time driving in frustrating conditions. If I can do those two things, I should have no problem meeting my every day/week goals.
  • cottoncandyclover
    Options
    I made my goals for day two.
    For day 3 my goals are to walk for 30min, stay in my calorie limit, drink more water and take the stairs to class and not the elevator.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,284 Member
    Options
    Goals for the Day 3:

1. Morning run.
    2. 15 mins strength training.
    3. Don't let stress at work effect snacking at night.

I wanted to share before I head to bed!

Motovational poem for weight loss
    Don't Quit
    When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down, and you feel like the biggest failure in town.

When you want to give up just because you gave in, and forget all about being healthy and thin.

So What! You went over your points a bit, It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!

It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change.

It's learning the skills to get back in your range.

It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now.

You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."

It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal.

You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.

To stumble and fall is not a disgrace, if you summon the will to get back in the race.

But, often the struggler's, when loosing their grip, just throw in the towel and continue to slip.
    And learn too late when the damage is done, that the race wasn't over...they still could have won.

Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow, but facing each challenge will help you grow.

Success is failure turned inside out, the silver tint in a cloud of doubt.

When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit, If you bite it, you write it....But don't you ever quit!!!

- Author Paul DeVora
  • hortensehildegarde
    Options
    Today my goals are to hit day 14 of consecutively staying under my calorie goal and to prep some veggies so I have them ready to eat. Also to walk at least 1 mile.
  • cookeylady
    cookeylady Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My goals today are to get back on track with exercise. do 3 planks for 15 seconds,
    Jump on trampoline for 20 minutes solid No STOPPING!
  • Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Goals for today: actually stick to the plan!

I had a rubbish day yesterday and felt so low and depressed most of the day, I splurged with a big bag of crisps and chocolate. So I really need to motivate myself to be back on track today.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Okay. Today I don't have access to my house all day because of builders so that makes preparing food a little trickier. Goals for today:

1) Don't give in a buy food in the uni canteen.
    2) Stay in control at my friend's games night tonight. Eat dinner before I go and resist pizza and snacks.
    3) Drink 2 litres of water

The scales isn't moving right now and it's getting discouraging but I know just to be patient!
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Achieved my staying under goal for yesterday, but not through the exercise i had planned. And counted all food before eating. So day 2 goals achieved.

my goal for 3/100 was going to be to not get on the scales as i have quite a habit of getting on them a few times a day. I find the fluctuation during the day quite interesting. But i shouldn't do it. Unfortunately I've already blown that goal.
    So my goal will be:-
    1) to walk the afternoon school run, as an extra activity.
    2) stay under and plan my meals
    3) decide on next weeks menu and order food shopping.
  • GMStb10
    GMStb10 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My goal for today is to walk an hour and 30mins yoga. Stick to cals and water, doing homecooked pork and apple for dinner tonight.
  • Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Ive started exercising and Im putting on weight! And walking like an old woman...
    Going to another class tonight :wink:
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I started day 3 off with a bang, even getting to the gym 5 minutes before it opened. I started the stronglift 5×5 program and was eager to begin. Im a weakling but intend to work on improving that this season. Started with 25 lb squats because I didnt know if I could control more weight on my shoulders. Saturday I should do much better now that ive compleged the first session and know what im getting into.

goals for day 3:
    Stronglift workout, 15 minutes cardio, 50 min walk, and 30 minutes of gym later tonight. Friend and I meeting at gym after work, I may do rowing if machines are open.

food, stay low carb and no refined sugars.
    Drink 8 glasses of water.

I weighed after the workout this morning. No change in body weight, but it was teading a positive flutuation between the muscle andfat percentages.
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,220 Member
    Options
    I was over my calories yesterday - friends invited me for dinner, and I had burger and fries... Decided to declare it my treat day yesterday, so no more treats this week. The other goals (water, veggies, walking) were okay.

Today is my rest day, and I plan to stay below the calories, drink 8 glasses of water and have 5 servings of fruit or veggies. Besides I want to get rid of the mess on my desk ;-)
  • dlphnldy89
    Options
    Yesterday was a good day although I felt super bloated. I did splurge just a bit and had three pieces of hush puppies. Not enough to cause damage to my caloric intake. Great day on the treadmill despite the nasty weather. Supposed to be the same today but we'll see. So far my day started out with a healthy green shake. Have a fantastic day folks!
  • just_special
    just_special Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did not get all my water in, and it was a long and late day working 8-5 and being on call 5-midnight. I am dragging today.

My goals for today are to drink all my water (I really feel it when I don't), and take a 30-45 min walk after work to clear my head and get moving.
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hit my goals yesterday

Today:
    -Cardio
    -Stay under my cal goal

Good luck all ^_^

day 3 / 100
  • mora982
    mora982 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Day 2 went well for me, I had 3.5 L ( 0.9 gallon) water. I was a bit higher than my calorie goal due to a typing mistake when using the app from the phone but anyways I'm satisfied.

Starting Day 3 with a late breakfast almost brunch and it is making me unhappy :(

Goals for today:
    - Planning the meals in advance an staying below my calories.
    - Drinking a gallon of water.
    -30 min walk .
  • buzzardsrule
    buzzardsrule Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    This morning I ran 4.29 miles in 55 minutes. Day 11 of my Run 20 Days in September challenge. I hope to make it to 15 days by the end of the month.

I need to drink much more water as I am always feeling dehydrated. I don't drink tea, coffee, cocoa or soft drinks. I think I need about 2-2.5 litres a day.
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Good morning All!!! its a miserable day here in BMore. Yuck

Made all goals yesterday .

Missed my morning workout ( i'll blame it on the rain :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ), and with this miserable rain I'll pass on a lunch time walk. But have no fear... I'll hit the gym

Todays Goals :
    60 minutes gym session 30 cardio/30 weights
    Stay in the green with my calories
    Drink 10-12 8 oz glasses of water
    take my probiotic & fiber pills. ( i am horrible procrastinator when it come to taking pills)
  • laf0026
    laf0026 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a good day. I met all my goals and ended up walking 13,000 steps which is 3000 over.

Today my goals are:
    Drink 5 large glasses of water while at work
    Stay under my sodium
    Get in 5000 steps while at work
    Hit 10000 steps for the day