Day 4: FrIday, 9/26/14

Options
Day 4 here I come. 10/02/14 is the first weigh in.

Stay focused.

Replies

• lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Day 3 I ended up doing well at Dave and Buster's but overall I didn't eat very well. I had a very close call on the road which really shook me up, but my husband helped me calm down and we did the grocery shopping. Just sitting down to eat now and had a crummy day overall, but the best part of my day is starting now.

For day 4 I would like to get to the gym to bang out more miles on the bike, and to make something for dinner with the lovely veggies we got today. I'm thinking of using the variety of peppers we got with onion and sausage, with a potato on the side.
  • noodlebanana
    noodlebanana Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late finding this challenge but I started on my own on Monday and so far I have done well.
    Today was probably my worst day...I had a meeting in the morning with muffins, but I only had one, it took me all day to eat it, and I ate less food at lunch. Of course, after lunch, there was cake for a farewell party. I did resist the icing and my piece was smaller than it could have been. I am still under my calorie goal and I did my walking so the day is still a win.

My goals for Day 4 are:
    -avoid the snacks at work
    -walk 1.2 km to and from work in 15 minutes (or less)
    -drink two water bottles (34oz each) before bed
    -stay under my calorie goal
  • kmcorc
    kmcorc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It's 10 pm on Day 3 in MT. I am SO tired, but I am going to get my run in in just a few minutes. Excited to see what 10/2 bring!

My goals for day 4:
    Stay on track with eating -- although I am splurging on sushi for lunch
    Get my 10,000 steps, which is going to be challenge since Friday's are usually slow at work.
    Friday night is our bar & eat at a restaurant night, so my goal is to not drink. I love beer. A lot. So it will be a big success to make it, but I KNOW I can do it.
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late finding this challenge but I started on my own on Monday and so far I have done well.
    Today was probably my worst day...I had a meeting in the morning with muffins, but I only had one, it took me all day to eat it, and I ate less food at lunch. Of course, after lunch, there was cake for a farewell party. I did resist the icing and my piece was smaller than it could have been. I am still under my calorie goal and I did my walking so the day is still a win.

My goals for Day 4 are:
    -avoid the snacks at work
    -walk 1.2 km to and from work in 15 minutes (or less)
    -drink two water bottles (34oz each) before bed
    -stay under my calorie goal

You are just in time for the challenge. Welcome to the group.
  • balancedwalker
    Options
    Day 3 I ended up doing well at Dave and Buster's but overall I didn't eat very well. I had a very close call on the road which really shook me up, but my husband helped me calm down and we did the grocery shopping. Just sitting down to eat now and had a crummy day overall, but the best part of my day is starting now.

For day 4 I would like to get to the gym to bang out more miles on the bike, and to make something for dinner with the lovely veggies we got today. I'm thinking of using the variety of peppers we got with onion and sausage, with a potato on the side.

Stay safe on the road. Looks like you are now chopping peppers as good as you are peddling your bike.

Keep chopping.
  • woozeymagic
    woozeymagic Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So yesterday i just fell down badly - likely undid all the good from previous days. Only positive is that i have not missed my exercise at all any day yet - Today started well and rapidly deteriorated - with a dinner out tonight i can't see it improving! Then we have one of the kids birthday celebrations on Sunday - fingers crossed i stay on the path for that. Right now my first 10 day mark i think i would be happy to "stay the same". Ahh well,
  • balancedwalker
    Options
    I had a human moment on day 3. Went 1000 cal above my limit and no walk. I am still in quest for the golden three consecutive days of discipline. May be the long 3 day weekend will be the perfect candidate to test my discipline.

My goals for Day 4, 5 and 6 are to stay below the daily Calories limit and walk for at least 60 minutes on each day.
  • GMStb10
    GMStb10 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Goals achieved day 3.

Day 4
    Walk 1 hour
    Drink 2 liters water
    Homemade chicken pie
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I met my goals for day 3. Walked to school instead of driving. All the way home my daughter kept asking where id parked the car. Stayed well under approx 500 in the green. Main meals for next week planned, food shopping ordered for delivery Sunday evening.

4/100
    1) stay under
    2) take my daughter swimming
  • Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Goals for today....

Stick under calorie limit
    Go for a walk at lunch time
    Go for a walk with the hubby this evening after work (beautiful countryside right on our doorstep waiting to be entered!)
    Plan how to boost the healthiness over the weekend
    Drink plenty of water
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    The scales finally moved back down this morning so that's encouraging. I have a four day weekend though and I'll be spending most of it at home so hoping I can resist the urge to mindlessly eat cereal etc.

Goals for today:
    1) Drink 2 litres water
    2) NO CEREAL
    3) Get out of the house at some point, even if it's just a walk to the shop 5 mins away.
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,142 Member
    Options
    I met my goals for yesterday, and besides made some inroads with the mess on my desk, just a few papers remain for today.
    So, goals for today:
    -) clean desk completely
    -) 8x water
    -) 5x veggies
    -) stay under cals
    -) stay under carbs
    -) walking
  • mora982
    mora982 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Met my Goals for Day 3 :smile: and I'm ready for Day 4!!

Day 4 Goals:
    - 30 min cycling or 60 min walk.
    - Drinking a gallon of water
    - Increasing protein intake
  • just_special
    just_special Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I met my day 3 goals: I drank my water and went for a walk (for an hour instead of the 30-45 min goal!)

My goal for today is the same: drink all my water and get in a walk. May seem boring, but I am looking for consistency in my journey
  • Emiliebeauchamp
    Emiliebeauchamp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My goals for today are:
    -Do at least 20 minutes of zumba.
    -Have myself a Home spa session.
    -Log all my calories and stay within 1400.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Day 3 met my goals - a little too close on calories though but did get some good exercise in including some weight lifting. I need to get my eating more under control though!

Day 4:

Stay under my calorie goal
    Drink lots of water
    Exercise for at least 30 minutes somehow, somewhere :smile:

This weekend here is supposed to be beautiful so I'm trying to decide how I can get out and enjoy it...a hike at a state park, a bike ride on a new trail perhaps. Pretty soon winter will be here and then we can't do anything outside...it will be TOO cold!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    So, I didn't hit my step goal or my calorie goal yesterday. I did hit my no alcohol goal. It's impressive too because I have a peer pressuring uncle who always wants me to drink. It's also challenging for me with my fitbit broken. :sad:

Goals for today:

1. Move on. Yesterday happened, you can't change it. Move on.
    2. Stay within calorie goal. (always)
    3. Since I can't track steps today (I usually aim for 10,000), I'll walk for 30 minutes during the day, then 30 minutes when I get home.
    4. Some form of cardio tonight. If I feel up to running, then I'll go to make up for missing it yesterday (this will replace the 30 minutes of walking in 3). If not, cycling on the trainer for 30 minutes in addition to 3.
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    day 3 was good ready to kill day 4 ^_^

Day 4
    -HIIT
    -SL5x5
    -under caloric goal

Good luck all

Day 4 / 100
  • SilverStormi
    SilverStormi Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did good but the rain kept me from heading to the rescue to walk some pups. I have a busy day and weekend a head of me so I decided to treat myself this morning to a xl dunkin hazelnut coffee :)

goals
    1. dont eat back any exercise calories
    2. p90x (complete)
    3. resuce later - didnt go yesterday since it was raining but I did make a homemade tomato sauce since I was home early enough
  • knmurray02
    knmurray02 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I met my day 3 goals, but the weekend for me is always challenging. I have packed my gym clothes so I can go right after work. Thinking this leave me no excuse to not exercise.

Day 4 goals:

40 minutes of cardio
    20 minutes strength training
    15 abs
    drink more water
    stay under calorie goal.