Post-Partum Band/Girdle/What-have-you

Options
Binky_Muffin
Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
Do these actually work? I ordered a Gabrialla band and came across these post-partum girdles. I guess their claim to fame is that they help your muscles and waist get back to normal... I would love to hear people's experience with this and if it's worth the money to order one.

Replies

• cr9576
    cr9576 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I would like to know too. A lot of women told to use one after birth. I'm 2 1/2 weeks pp and I just bought one from equilibrium girdles. I hope it helps.
  • Plooty222
    Plooty222 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    supposedly jessica alba wore two at once. other than that hersey, i don't know. but i'm planning on getting one :)
  • pineapplegift
    pineapplegift Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Several days after my daughter was born (oct 2014) a midwife noticed I was limping around with my still hugely swollen belly (had to hold it to cough, sneeze, laugh, go to the loo - it's a pretty strange feeling!) and she got me a 'belly band' - simply a large cylinder compression bandage that went over my belly and held everything together. Instant relief. I wore it for weeks after until my muscles started to mend. I had a natural delivery but my friend who ended up having a c section also wore the same band with similar helpful results. Not sure if your hospital will supply something similar, but the band you've purchased sounds like it will provide you with the desired support and comfort.

Take good care,
    Kate
  • Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I will get one. I'm sure it will help with my posture.
  • avielosesit
    avielosesit Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am 34 weeks now and was just doing some research on this. I've heard that the bellefit is the best and has lots of positive reviews. I just ordered one off amazon.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    yes they work. I swear by them! I just had my fourth baby and within weeks had a flat belly again. I did not like the belly bandit, the belefit was a good one, I actually purchased a medical grade one from a plastic surgeon's office. I also got a hip slimmer and loved it as well (can't sit down in it, but slept in it) If you invest in a good one and actually wear it, it will help. I put mine on as soon as I can move after delivery.
  • Slpst46
    Slpst46 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    After my second child (vag delivery), I did buy a "squeem." I had read some awesome reviews and it made sense that it would provide support and decrease swelling. The main problem was that I HATED the thing. HATED it. While it made me look awesome, it was uncomfortable (the ribbing dug into my hip bones) and instantly put me into a terrible mood.

I did wear it though (daily for a few hours) and actually broke one (after 4 weeks) and purchased a second. I didn't see any great effects from it (other than the slimming look while it was on) that wouldn't be attributed to general self-care (i.e. diet and resuming exercise).

Maybe if you're someone with minimal weight gain (I gained 40# and am 5 ft. tall) and had a great physique at baseline, maybe it is the miracle product? or its more effective for csections? But that was not me. It was nice to have it to wear when I would go out socially but I couldn't tolerate it at work all day.