Surgery date set Oct. 2nd

Options
elifusa
elifusa Posts: 45 Member
So excited. So ready to do this. Just worried and working hard to avoid the....farewell to food tour and not regaining any weight.

Thanks all for the support so far. It's going to be a new age once I come home from the hospital!

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    We'll be two days apart! I go in next Tuesday. Don't you have a liquid diet that is already started?

Best of luck to you!

Rob
  • elifusa
    Options
    Rob,

For my Surgery we actually only have two days of liquid diet. Tuesday I start an all liquid diet, and then Wednesday I will be on an all clear liquid diet. I've already surpassed my weight goal and my program says only two days are needed prior to surgery.

How long has yours been?

Elif

Good luck Rob!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I have six days of only 80-100 grams of protein shakes and broth, sugar free Popsicles and sugar free jello, then the last day clear liquids only. Today is day 3.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    That's great for you both!! I've heard of the "farewell to food tour" and a mourning period for what we don't eat anymore, but I never went through either. Some of us don't, and hopefully you won't either.

Good luck to you both!

Pat
  • kaeli_shay
    kaeli_shay Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Mine is on the first! Good luck to you. I had to do liquid for 2 weeks before surgery! I has been tough.
  • elifusa
    Options
    Oh good luck to you all! Yea, I am not really able to eat much food anyway, seems my pre op diet is totally awesome and I just don't feel like eating much. I tried ice cream last night and after two bites felt sick so didn't finish it. I also am terrified that I am going to gain weight and then the op will be canceled!!!
  • homerismyhero
    homerismyhero Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You are more than ready- you've already done the hard work- learning a new way of life- it only gets easier after this.
  • itsdreday
    itsdreday Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Good luck Elif, I hope you recover well!
  • elifusa
    Options
    Thanks all!!!