The Frustrations Thread - part 2

Options

Replies

• 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Pixy and LeAnna, thank you for the great words of encouragement! This is a very tough journey and it's nice to know that you ladies understand what I'm going through. I am going to take your advice and try to conquer one goal at a time till I get back on track! Thanks again for taking the time to answer my call for help :drinker:
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I just keep reminding myself, Malia, that it isn't a race and I don't have a deadline. I just need to have way more good days than bad days and try to keep my focus on the fact that this is not a temporary fix. This IS my life...it includes activity on a regular basis and smart food choices.

We can do this...we can totally do this!
  • 808malia
    Options
    So this weekend my husband and I went shopping most of the day and we walked up a large flight of stairs to a shop and my thighs have been hurting ever since! I used to walk up 20-30 floors or more everyday! With no problems... Also we picked up a 13lb turkey for Thanksgiving and I thought is was heavier than 13lbs... So to some it all up I am failing miserably at losing weight and staying fit! But on the upside, this has made me realize that it is time to quit slacking and get back to the gym. So I will be getting back into the swing of things this week! I can do this B)
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    808malia wrote: »
    ...So I will be getting back into the swing of things this week! I can do this B)

You KNOW you can! I expect you to be in prime form well before we get to the Islands in 2016! :o
  • 808malia
    Options
    Thanks Dan! I will do this ;) What island will you be visiting?
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Malia - You've got this and have just found another reason to keep pushing.
  • dward59
    Options
    Malia, we haven't decided yet, but we are thinking of multiple Islands. Maybe a week on one, if the kids join us, then ship them back to the mainland and the wife and I will Island hop for another couple weeks. This is in the beyond tentative state. But it is on the radar.
  • demarii06
    demarii06 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Simple: Having to lose weight you've already lost before :( Luckily its not much but I refuse to change my ticker to my higher weight so my only choice is to keep going until my ticker is true
  • demarii06
    Options
    Oh and I forgot not being able to weigh myself because I don't have access to my scale in the morning when I wake up. I could weigh myself later on in the day but its just seems more accurate first thing in the morning.
  • Etherlily1
    Options
    demarii06 wrote: »
    Simple: Having to lose weight you've already lost before :( Luckily its not much but I refuse to change my ticker to my higher weight so my only choice is to keep going until my ticker is true

We have all been there. I'm there right now having gained quite a bit during a recent depressive episode. It'll be alright. You've lost it before and will do so again.
    demarii06 wrote: »
    Oh and I forgot not being able to weigh myself because I don't have access to my scale in the morning when I wake up. I could weigh myself later on in the day but its just seems more accurate first thing in the morning.

I agree that it is more accurate first thing in the morning as we haven't accumulated any excess waste from food and water intake.
  • Etherlily1
    Options
    Okay, I am very frustrated and a bit angry with myself. I know that depression was a chemical thing beyond my control, but still seeing the damage that occurred in just a month. On May 20th, 2014 I put in my wellness goal as to lose 70 lbs over the next year, averaging around 6 lbs a month. Okay, so I went along and have been entering things into a spreadsheet. When the depression hit I didn't log on the spreadsheet as much. I got it up to date now and was blown away by what happened in October. Here is the ugly truth.
    The yellow highlighted area is the amount left to go to reach that goal of 70 lbs.

9m1wc6479wha.jpg

Basically, in four weeks several month's worth of work disappeared and most of it within just a ten day period. I can't believe this happened like this. I'm not certain physiologically what had to have happened there for that to occur as it did within such a short period of time as I was definitely not eating almost an additional 9,000 calories a day.

I don't know if I am going to hit my goal by May 20th (ish), 2015 now. I have six months to drop basically 50 lbs.

My takeaway is that I need to be more mindful of my moods and put in more safeguards to keeping healthy during that time frame when my moods get wonky or alternatives I can eat if something I cut into (like pancakes) starts to appear to be bleeding due to hallucinations, etc. One thing I have settled on doing is sticking with my grocery list and nothing else. I am basically out of food meaning all I would have in the apartment would be my groceries AND sticking to not going out to the store to get something extra. Just what I have on hand, nothing else. I also need to get back into a regular exercise routine.
  • demarii06
    Options
    Ive done the same with my grocery list. I haven't had fast food in a month. I always make sure to pack my food or have healthy snacks with me. Also I don't go grocery shopping hungry. Overall though just remember this journey is all about getting healthy mind and body, so yes you gained weight during the month but now you're better prepared to battle for your health as an overall concept.
  • Etherlily1
    Options
    I went overboard with eating yesterday, but I logged it and did not close off my diary like I considered doing. I agree on not shopping hungry. You're right about it being a journey, and as my therapist says, "It happens to almost everyone eventually." I guess that is one bit of proof that I am human - I fail, frequently, but have the capacity to learn, improve, and eventually walk down a different street.
  • 808malia
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I am feeling very frustrated... I just can't seem to keep my motivation going... It's always something that slows me down! I keep picking myself up and trying again, but it seems like I have been doing this forever!!! I know it's better to keep trying than to just give up, but I just don't know... I guess I just have to find my groove again? It also seems as if I am the last sole member of this group that is still here... so who knows if anyone will even read this :/
  • Etherlily1
    Options
    Sorry I haven't really been around. You can do this. You are worth the struggle. I think if they put the search part for groups again we would have more people.
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hey Malia!!!! you are kicking my butt! Great job at keep'n on!
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Agreed - the boards have grown quiet, but there are a few of us still around :) Keep on keepin' on, and we'll get there!
  • 808malia
    Options
    Yay! I'm glad to see you all back!!! :p
  • dward59
    Options
    Back? Whose back? I hope you don't see my back!

How you all doing?

Life is so very challenging in all areas right now. My wife has moved to San Diego, CA. I'm in the middle of monsterous workload at work and trying to pack and prep the house for sale during off hours.

Sure glad I had that wonderful vacation where I met Mark (m23prime) and had glorious times hiking and filling up digital memory with photo's. The wonderful feeling had been beat out of me by about 10 days back! lol

Lunch break is over. Be well everyone. Day One is racked up. Will try for a day two tomorrow.
  • 808malia
    Options
    Wow, sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now! But it is very good to see you... back or front, lol! :D