New here - waiting on sleeve

Options
Hi everyone !
I was just referred to this group from a post I made on the board. Glad I found you!

I'm Tammy. And I have decided to get the sleeve procedure. I have met 2 people who have had it and they both say they would do it again. So I called and made me an appointment. I'm Ready !

I have one more test to do and a nutrition consult. After, they should (hopefully) be able to get approval from my insurance. I am hoping to have it done by the end of October.

I am nervous. My family is worried. But I believe this is the right step for me.
I started the "my fitness pal" app and I am on day 2 of the food diary.
I don't know what I'm more nervous about - the surgery and post op OR the drastic change in my eating habits, meals and portions.
However. I'm looking very forward to hearing about others experience and will be very appreciative of any support.

Replies

• Cathiesunday
    Cathiesunday Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Tammy!:smile: Welcome! I just had my surgery on 9/8, so I'm far from an expert. I can reassure you that it isn't too terrible. :smile: Cathie
  • trinity9058
    trinity9058 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You found us! Welcome!
  • luvnmother
    Options
    Thanks Cathie !! I appreciate the reassurance :smile:
    How was your 1st 3 weeks ?
  • luvnmother
    Options
    Thanks Trinity !
    I appreciate you guiding me here.
    Look forward to sharing in this journey with y'all...
  • weeziebeth
    weeziebeth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It is a good group, with a good variety of not-yet-sleeved, newly-sleeved, approaching-maintenence, veterans, and in-between. Lots of encouragement and sage advice to be had. Glad you're here.
  • Cathiesunday
    Options
    Thanks Cathie !! I appreciate the reassurance :smile:
    How was your 1st 3 weeks ?
  • Cathiesunday
    Options
    It's been going pretty well. I'm going back to work tomorrow! I can't eat much yet. Struggling to get my 60/60-protein and liquids, but I'm sure it will get easier.
  • luvnmother
    Options
    Thanks Weeziebeth. I appreciate the welcome.
  • luvnmother
    Options
    CathieSunday - Well I hope your first day back went well. Thanks for sharing your post op week.
  • foxymitchell
    foxymitchell Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am almost 11 weeks out. Feel free to friend me if you like.
  • Erkyl
    Options
    I am scheduled to get mine on October 27th...self pay moves very quickly. I'm new here, too. After my divorce was final last month, and after struggling with my weight virtually all my life, I decided it was time to do something for me. :flowerforyou:

I have 85 lbs to lose. I had lost 50 lbs on HCG a few years ago and gained it all back through the stress of the past two years of my marriage ending, and I had given up hope of ever losing weight. Ar 54, it seemed impossible. Then, I met a woman who had had the sleeve and I started doing my research, and decided to take the leap! So one month from today, my new life begins!
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi Tammy, I'm Anne. I had mine October 22 2013 and its the best thing I have done for myself. I haven't had any major problems.....and have lost almost 90 lbs in the 11 months.....still have some bad days when I go back to old habits but thats what your team is there for.....best advice.....attend the support group ..... hear shared stories and ask questions, best place to get answers from people who have been there, done that or are having similar/same issues and share information. Best of luck to you .....feel free to add me as a friend and we can continue to support one another..........have a great day :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    best of luck to you...........I too started a new life with my surgery .......feel free to add me as a friend.....:flowerforyou: :smile: