Day 5: Saturday, 9/27/14

Options
We are now halfway from our first milestone. Two things are worth mentioning here. First, it's not too late to join the group and start logging in spreadsheet. Second, stating daily goals in the daily thread helps sticking to the goals. In the interest of global time zones I intend to start daily thread around 6 pm (6 hours ahead of the start of date here in Los Angeles).

For Day 5 my goals are again to stay within my calories limit and to walk at least 60 minutes. Will report here if I was successful or not.

Replies

• cookeylady
    cookeylady Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I reduced my calories because this is the second week I feel I haven't lost even though I am doing nothing different and I am eating under my net calories. so I am going to eat my calories and put in extra time on the trampoline.
  • cottoncandyclover
    Options
    Day 4 was a good day, now on to day 5. My goals for today are just to stick to my calorie limits, I have so much homework to get done.
  • Shellanfit
    Shellanfit Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am running a race at the ski hill it's going to be muddy and hilly 10 km, 5 min or more of abs, drink 8 glasses of water or more and keep under 1200 calories of 80% clean foods.
  • moparjer
    moparjer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I walked 21,964 steps between work, walking on lunch hour, and walking 2 miles after work. Am trying to keep busy so I don't think about snacking at night! Have a good weekend!
  • noodlebanana
    noodlebanana Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Day 4 doesn't feel like such a win. I bungled on my calorie limit by 450 gross calories (net was only 228 over). I did get my walking in. I walked to work in under 15 minutes and wasn't huffing and puffing. That's a small victory. On the way home though, I have to walk up a steep bridge and I can do it in 15 minutes but I'm hurting and huffing and puffing...no side twitch though. So I am seeing improvement there. I did resist all the work snacks until after work when I had a sugar-laden vodka cooler at the end of the day and I made some cheese dip for my boyfriend and, of course, helped him eat it. That's where I spiraled out on the food.

Weekends are my nemesis plus I'll be traveling and visiting so not much room for exercise. I think if I can get my 68oz of water in and stay under my calorie limit, it will be a win.

I also found an app on my phone for the 7 minute challenge. It's a calisthenics type boot camp training set that is supposed to take 7 minutes to complete. The app recommends repeating the set 3 times to get in about 20 minutes. I'm going to try for 1 set tomorrow.
  • lesleychev
    lesleychev Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Ok day 5 challenges.

Drink plenty of water (should be interesting as have a 3+ hr drive today)
    Eat under calories
    Walk at least 10000 steps
    45 second plank
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,234 Member
    Options
    I did well yesterday, besides the carbs, I was over my limit by 5 grams - not much, so it is an improvement, but still.

Today my goal is to not let myself distracted by the fact that it is Saturday and stay on track with calories, water, and veggies. And walk for at least one hour.
  • louannsab
    louannsab Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Can I still join the challenge? i missed 4 days already.
  • GMStb10
    GMStb10 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    images-139_zps053a1fd7.jpeg

This is my goal, the weekends have not been good for me recently. Instead of Saturday night takeaway, I'm going to try cooking crispy baked chicken and sweet potato wedges (hopefully it will be nice and the family not race out and buy pizza anyway)
  • mora982
    mora982 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    For me Day 4 was a success. For the first time I finished level 1 of the 30 Day Shred!! I made some modifications to the cardio but kept in motion. I had my gallon of water and stayed within my calorie limits!

Day 5 goals:
    - Day 2 of 30 DS level 1 although my arms and thighs hurt a lot!
    - Drink a gallon of water.
    - Walk for 30 min. if I can.
  • knmurray02
    knmurray02 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What can I say about day 4. Bad news: My eating was not balanced. I stayed under my calorie limit but most of my calories came from sugar and junk food. Good news: I did stay under my calorie limit. Great news: I killed it at the gym. It may have been to ease my guilt over my eating. I did 1 minute sprint intervals for 30 minutes. 30 minute workout express which combines weights with cardio. And 12 minute abs with free weights. I felt so good afterwards.

Since I killed it in the gym yesterday, today I plan on just working around the house and getting in 10,000 steps. I have to get my water in because it usually goes down during the weekends. And lastly, eat balanced meals!

Good Luck everyone.
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Can I still join the challenge? i missed 4 days already.

Yes, you can join any time.

Welcome to the group.
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Great work everyone !!!!
    I had a great day yesterday, walked over 5 miles, ate well and under calories with great macros but my husband and I stayed up really late last night and today I feel drained.
    My goal for today is to take it easy, do my grocery shopping and sleeeeeep tons tonight!

Let's all have a great day!!!!
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Met my day 4 goals but only stayed under as i used my exercise calories. So 30 mins swimming paid for my strawberry pavlova.

5/100 goals
    1) already met my first goal. Running my first park run 5k.
    2) need my first goal to meet my second to stay in the green, Because of my third
    3) enjoy my indian takeaway but only eat the amount i have already accounted for, or less.
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Another beautiful morning here in LA. Whispering in my ears to put on my shoes and come out for walk. Aim to walk to the nearest store which is about 2.5 miles away.
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful day! I love the weekends and ME time.

I woke early, went to the gym and did 15 minute elliptical warmup, my 25 minutes of day 2 -SL 5x5 and 30 more minutes on the elliptical.

I stopped at the farmers market and bought veggies and fruits for the week ahead. Cauliflower, salad greens, heirloom yellow tomatoes, sweet potatoes, 2 gingercgold apples which im excited to try- never had that variety before, peaches, strawberries and 2 mineolo oranges. Havent had much fruit last week and I may have gone overboard... but thatcsugar isnt unhealthy as long as I know my limitations, and prepare for their carb contents.

still focused on staying low carb. It seems to be working, lost 1.6 lbs since tuesday.

Im considering a chicken, salad greens, strawberry salad for lunch.
  • Emiliebeauchamp
    Emiliebeauchamp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Today I will:
    -Get some cleaning done before work.
    -Get to bed early after work so that I have energy to have a workout at the gym tomorrow.
    -Stay within my calories.
  • just_special
    just_special Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did not get my walk in since I was unexpectedly told I had to stay late at work to get the last thing done. I will get paid extra for my trouble though (Win!).

My goal for today is to get in a 45min-1hour walk. It is a gorgeous day! I also would still like to drink all my water to goal. Weekends are surprisingly easier for me on the water front, but I am usually tempted to lounge, so worse on the workout front.
  • Shirotora88
    Options
    Today should be a good day for me I picked my food out for the day already 1110 calories for the day. I am going to do 20 minutes of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu at my gym it will be fun. Yesterday I over did it on the exercise did 2 hours. I am sore today :(
  • nnylacire13
    nnylacire13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I walked 21,964 steps between work, walking on lunch hour, and walking 2 miles after work. Am trying to keep busy so I don't think about snacking at night! Have a good weekend!

Excellent job! Keep it up!