VSG today!

Options
Hey all. So today is the day I go into surgery.... admission is in 1 hour and 20 minutes.... slightly nervous but also excited.

Wish me luck!

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I am sure everything will go well. Let us know how it goes!

I go in next Tuesday.

Rob
  • Qski
    Qski Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your decision and good luck to you!
    Let everyone know you are okay when you can.
    Take Care
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    How Exciting!! It's almost like it's your birthday-- the start of your new and healthier life! Hope everything went well and with no complications.
  • boomerkae
    boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hope everything went well! Good luck on your new start!!
  • becskimo
    Options
    Hey all. I'm at home. 3 days post op. feeling the gas pain.... can't wait to get through this part, then nothing will stop me!!
  • rpyle111
    Options
    Hey all. I'm at home. 3 days post op. feeling the gas pain.... can't wait to get through this part, then nothing will stop me!!

Great to hear! You've got a great attitude. It'll take you far!

Rob
  • becskimo
    Options
    Hey Rob. I'll be thinking of you going in next Tuesday. I am sending you all of my good thoughts, you'll have to let me know how it goes. Not long now!
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Welcome to your new life Bec. This will pass, just try to take things slow and easy and get plenty of rest. All the best.
  • becskimo
    Options
    Thanks heaps. Honestly for the past few days I was having serious buyers remorse! However today I finally managed some good toilet time and my bloating has been relieved... I feel like a new person! I am seriously looking forward to this journey. Now feeling a bit better I can get happy for it again.

That and I painted my nails.... ;)
  • gastrognome89
    gastrognome89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you're feeling better, I was the same for the first few days. After a couple of weeks you'll feel normal, other than your new diet of course!

Gnomie.
  • jrnguyen
    jrnguyen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The first 3 days were the worst for me; I also had buyers remorse! But 6 days out now and I feel amazing! Good luck on your new journey!
  • becskimo
    Options
    lol... yup! buyers remorse is now gone! Feeling much better and find myself touching my stomach and smiling... :D
  • ceejay1477
    ceejay1477 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My surgery is Wednesday (10/1)...starting to feel nervous. Was it miserable?
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Love your profile pic...lol!
    Is she "aware" we ALL have those holes on our tummy's :tongue:
    Just curious if anyones heard from Rob?
    Im scheduled for the 16th so Id love to hear from the new people just having had it :smile:
  • becskimo
    Options
    It is major surgery.... and you will feel bad the first few days.... BUT I am only 6 days out and feel wonderful! I already know that this was one of the best decisions that I have ever made. It is worth it as far as I am concerned. I don't have a terribly high pain tolerance either!

It's okay to be nervous, it's okay to wonder about your decision. However this is a decision that you are making to help you the rest of your life. 3 days of feeling a bit crappy compared to years feeling crappy. The decision was easy for me. Each persons experience is different and some people take longer to heal and some people take a shorter time to heal... but you will heal and feel better each day.

Take your pain meds and don't be a hero thinking that you can do it without them. They are there to make you feel better.

It's a big decision but one that you should feel brave and proud of for making. It has already made me feel hope and healthier, yes, even 6 days out.

I really feel for you, I was worried going in. Trust in your decision and in your bodies innate ability to heal itself after this surgery. Good luck with your surgery, I will be thinking of you!
  • rpyle111
    Options
    Im scheduled for the 16th so Id love to hear from the new people just having had it :smile:

I'm still here! I head to the hospital in a couple of hours.

I'll let you guys know how it went!

Rob
  • ceejay1477
    ceejay1477 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Haha - she does, but she has a special relationship with hers - one thumb in the belly button is her sleeping position.

Thanks everyone. I am very nervous, mostly just being afraid that I'll fail and will have gone through all of this for nothing. But I guess you never know how you will land until you jump!
  • boomerkae
    boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    It is major surgery.... and you will feel bad the first few days.... BUT I am only 6 days out and feel wonderful! I already know that this was one of the best decisions that I have ever made. It is worth it as far as I am concerned. I don't have a terribly high pain tolerance either!

It's okay to be nervous, it's okay to wonder about your decision. However this is a decision that you are making to help you the rest of your life. 3 days of feeling a bit crappy compared to years feeling crappy. The decision was easy for me. Each persons experience is different and some people take longer to heal and some people take a shorter time to heal... but you will heal and feel better each day.

I'm glad to hear everything is going well for you! I also needed to hear about buyers remorse! I'm probably still 8 weeks out and panic every few days if I need this, do I really want to do it. I believe it's the right choice for the long term though, but I get scared!